Alfredgeorge

(UPDATED)Windows 10 solution ("CW.EXE has stopped working")

Hello 

There have been problem for some Windows 10 Users and I also had the same problem, "CW.EXE has stopped working"

I have windows 10 Home edition 64 bit (Updated with Windows 10 Creator ) but I found a fix that worked for me, the problem was that  xigncode does not work at the loading screen and close the game.:depressed:

This solution should work for windows 10 users with the following problem "CW.EXE has stopped working"

(NEW VERSION)

Download the file shared in the link 

Be aware of  possible pop ups , ads viruses, download only the zip folder (XIGNCODE.zip) 

-go to tech supp thread-

or -go to tech supp thread-

Make sure you make a COPY of your files that are in directory game (In case of failure your files will be safe )

1) Download the file shared   :-

or-

2). Go to the code closers folder in program files  OR anywhere you installed the game and search for  xingcode folder. Once found delete it.                                                                                3)  Right click the zipdrive and select extract files... option.    

4) From there, locate code closers folder and extract the file shared there .         

5) Run patcher from the shortcut  or just  CCpatcher .

If all goes well, you'll see a little xingcode box of a detective in the bottom right of the screen. Its gonna download some files so just let it and then it will go away and load some more till you reach harpy again.

I tested it and it seem to be working for me and other users ,also make sure that your firewall,antivirus won't block the anti cheat engine (xigncode).

NOTE 1 : FOR PEOPLE WHO GET A ERROR  (E0010001) :  Load the game from the directory file of the game and not by the shortcut (As administrator )

NOTE  2 : FOR PEOPLE WHO GET A ERROR (error0000007E) : MAKE  SURE THAT WHEN  XIGNCODE folder isn't nest in another XIGNCODE FOLDER :

Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CODEClosers\CODEClosers\XIGNCODE(folder)\XIGNCODE(folder)\XIGNCODE FILES : NO!!!!

C:\Program Files (x86)\CODEClosers\CODEClosers\XIGNCODE(folder)\XIGNCODE FILES : YES!!

For other possible problems&solution click here Tech Support  (Created by @Lan)

Also a big thanks to all for the support !:happyJ:

I get XignCode Error(E0010005) when I try this. It is for sure an issue with the new Windows 10 Creator Update. It works fine on my desktop, but no longer works on my laptop with the update.

@Alfredgeorge

After replacing XIGNCODE using the link you provided, I can confirm that the game now launches properly. Thanks! I'm on Creator's Update btw

Hey alfred, im having  the same issue as well. It just started to not work on me this morning. I even tried system restoring to a week ago but still nothing. My issue is though that I cant seem to find and uninstall the game. 

@DigiDawg2 I had the same problem, I also did try to restore, but it just gave me more problems...so i had to make a fresh installation of windows 10 Creator (but don't do it...) 

Try my solution make a fresh installation and let it pop out problem, after that remove the folder xigncode and but the one that I shared in this post. If you have other errors of Xigncode it might be blocked by some other software such as antivirus or firewall.. ¬¬

@Alfredgeorge  So i finally figured out how to uninstall closers lol.  I tried  re-downloading the  game but its still the same file again. when i downloaded the file you provide am i supposed to delete the whole folder or  remove only one piece of those txt files? i tried deleting the folder and replacing it with yours. Once i got  the error that empress person got. Now its back to the same old error. Also i turned off my firewall and added the exceptions for it, tho...it was already accepted before and after the  error started happening :depressed::cry:

Edited by DigiDawg2

I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have changed nothing to my system. I deleted the folder, and just extracted the new zip file there (which contains the folder). I ran the game from the normal shortcut, and it seems to work. Comodo popped up with a file access question, which I allowed for xxd-0.xem i think. I was able to make it in game. Thanks for all the effort to fix these problems @Alfredgeorge.

@EmperorWSA I`m so happy you also  made it!!

@DigiDawg2 I`m sorry about that have you tried to do as @EmperorWSA did with it his files? (Seem he  made it with my files....)

@Diablue and @grimmjow87  I made some research   and  that error that pops out could be cause by different cause , I suggest you try to make a clean installation and make sure there are no files interfering with the game patch.  

@Alfredgeorge

Yes I've tried that option but still no avail.  I've tried:

- what emperor tried just now but got the same issue.

- uninstalled  completely and cleaned the registry  of old residual files and tried the download again but same issue

im at a loss here:cry:

@Alfredgeorge

yes i think i figured out how to make your hotfix work :happyJ:

what EmperorWSA did was the correct way. so i'll write it out on what should be done now for al the other lost souls out there.

1. find and delete your old code closers folder from programs files 86 : C:\Program Files (x86)

2. find or download the code closers downloader.

3. Run it and fail for the same dam CW.exe 

4.download Alfredgeorge's hot fix from up top to an easy to locate space

5. go back to the code closers folder in program files and explore till you find the xingcode folder. Once found delete it.

6. right click the zipdrive and select extract files... option. 

7. from there, locate code closers folder and exract the hotfix there : C:\Program Files (x86)\CODEClosers\CODEClosers

8. Run patcher from the shortcut again like normal.  If all goes well, you'll see a little xingcode box of a detective in the bottom right of the screen. Its gonna download some junk so just let it and then it will go away and load some more till you reach harpy again. 

Hopefully this helps everyone out.

@Alfredgeorge,  Thank you so much man. If i ever find you in game i'll get you something from the item mall if gifting is allowed. AndI think that this game really needs to have a Technical support  team, or a group of forum peeps to band together and help.

Edited by DigiDawg2

37 minutes ago, DigiDawg2 said:

@Alfredgeorge

yes i think i figured out how to make your hotfix work :happyJ:

what EmperorWSA did was the correct way. so i'll write it out on what should be done now for al the other lost souls out there.

1. find and delete your old code closers folder from programs files 86 : C:\Program Files (x86)

2. find or download the code closers downloader.

3. Run it and fail for the same dam CW.exe 

4.download Alfredgeorge's hot fix from up top to an easy to locate space

5. go back to the code closers folder in program files and explore till you find the xingcode folder. Once found delete it.

6. right click the zipdrive and select extract files... option. 

7. from there, locate code closers folder and exract the hotfix there : C:\Program Files (x86)\CODEClosers\CODEClosers

8. Run patcher from the shortcut again like normal.  If all goes well, you'll see a little xingcode box of a detective in the bottom right of the screen. Its gonna download some junk so just let it and then it will go away and load some more till you reach harpy again. 

Hopefully this helps everyone out.

@Alfredgeorge,  Thank you so much man. If i ever find you in game i'll get you something from the item mall if gifting is allowed. AndI think that this game really needs to have a Technical support  team, or a group of forum peeps to band together and help.

@DigiDawg2 Oh great ,does it work for you now? And thanks you explained better how to apply the fix ,that it was really strange that it did not work for everyone, going to edit the post .Thanks :D

And I'm really glad , it worked for you 2 that windows 10 Creator ...has caused a LOT of damage :depressed: 

Edited by Alfredgeorge

1 minute ago, Alfredgeorge said:

@DigiDawg2 Oh great ,does it work for you now? And thanks you explained better how to apply the fix ,that it was really strange that it did not work for everyone going to edit the post .Thanks :D

Yes, it works for me now. :happyJ:.....just in time for me to get ready for work :depressed: but im online now so yeah, all good. I hope this helps everyone else too.  This is such a frustrating issue to have.

On 4/24/2017 at 5:29 PM, Alfredgeorge said:

@Alfredgeorge Not so fast... ;/ I have same problem with CW.EXE. I had done this steps in
order, but this link from number 4 isn't workin' to open.. It said Not found and Error 404..
I need a help to fix CW.EXE, Lemme know if you have link for xigncode.. ;- ;

-Cookieful

7 hours ago, Cookieful said:

@Alfredgeorge Not so fast... ;/ I have same problem with CW.EXE. I had done this steps in
order, but this link from number 4 isn't workin' to open.. It said Not found and Error 404..
I need a help to fix CW.EXE, Lemme know if you have link for xigncode.. ;- ;

-Cookieful

@Cookieful Heya  i noticed that too.  I posted a link to my drop box below with the xingcode i got from @Alfredgeorge. hopefully he reposts it. I still get the issue when i play elsword then come back to closers... idk why but it happens. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tagvel4hs4sf59/XIGNCODE.zip?dl=0

Hope this helps:good:

@Cookieful Sorry for the link I Re- Updatate it :$

@DigiDawg2 I aslo added your link in case it breaks down :me: , I was sure you played elsword , I also play  but in the EU server (I do drop once in a while in the NA server ) but I`m not having that issue , I thinks it happens because your using   1 anti-cheat engine for  2 two games ,(both games use Xigncode3) , so I suggest you wait a bit before accessing to the other game, you should try it  :confused:

(In case the links may not work you can send me a message.)

And I ask to pin this it and make it a treat by the forum for those who are issue this problem ,please :happyJ:

Have a good game guys (Windows 10s).