Alfredgeorge

(UPDATED)Windows 10 solution ("CW.EXE has stopped working")

Hai~~ Are there any other new solution~? I tried doing as how this thread asked, delete codecloser-> re-download-> delete xingcode in codecloser-> uses/extract new xingcode (from this thread) to codecloser -> launch.  No luck and its still the same :cry:. I didn't get any error like theothers. jst the same old 'cwc.exe stopped working'. :question:

Edit : Funny story, previously i downloaded the xigncode from googledrive. now i re-downloaded the xigncode from dropbox instead this time and re-replace the xigncode. and it worked! A Coincidence? Or is there a problem with the file at googledrive~? And Thankyou very much~!! :happyTina:

Edited by hchany
More to say

I followed all the steps and it doesn't work for me, I get a pop-up that says xigncode error E0191009, and I've tried all that i could think of to fix it, but it hasn't worked, any advice?

31 minutes ago, iman1229 said:

I followed all the steps and it doesn't work for me, I get a pop-up that says xigncode error E0191009, and I've tried all that i could think of to fix it, but it hasn't worked, any advice?

As far as I've gathered, this error is moreso in relation to XIGNCODE specifically.

[ XIGNCODE 0xE0191009 ]
According to XIGNCODE's FAQ page, this error is due to an issue in the update process. The most notable quick-fix solution relies on a change of DNS as shown below:

Spoiler
  1. Open Control Panel
  2. Click Network and Internet
  3. Network and Sharing Center
  4. Click Change Adapter Settings
  5. Select the connection for which you want to configure; Google Public DNS8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

**((For example: To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.))

If this does not work for you, please make a thread in General Support or contact XIGNCODE's CS at support@wellbia.com with your xigncode.log file attachment.

[ excerpt taken from my FAQ ]

51 minutes ago, iman1229 said:

thanks a lot, this worked well and allowed me to play the game

You're very welcome! I'm glad it worked for you.

42 minutes ago, HoshuaLuna said:

I dont know how to do it...can someone help im not good at computer stuff

Try this out Luna. It's the step by step way on how to fix it. If not share me your discord and we could talk about it.

IDK I do as the instructions says but i keep getting the same damn thing, none of it works downloaded everything today and then did the hotfix and still getting same CW.EXE code!!!

@Alfredgeorge

@DigiDawg2

Edited by Farnam

NVM I guess i wasent supposed to diagnose at all! works now LOL 

Plug everything and then just start the game dont Diagnose your new changes xD 

To all sorry I was on my holidays .

@HoshuaLuna if still there  still need for assistance don`t hesitate to ask

@ѕтяαωвєяяу  program files is meant by (default) the folder were the game is installed  (it may change if you chose to install the game on another folder ) . I dont know what you mean by CC but if you trying to say CW.EXE it inside the folder that you have install the game named as CCPatcher . About step 7  "From there, locate code closers folder and extract the file shared there : C:\Program Files (x86)\CODEClosers\CODEClosers " it meant  the file that you downloaded by the link provided by this post need to replace the old folder (Xigncode folder) that inside the installed folder. 

In case people still dont undestand i will provide screenshot as explanation

Edited by Alfredgeorge

Hello, thanks for being such a big help to everyone with w10. Just a question though -- is redownloading Closers necessary? I've had at least two people simply replace the xign files and they were good to go!

@Halo  Yes you do not need to redownload the game, you may just diagnose and later replace the xgn file ,  the reason of the redownload it to make sure to make a good and clean installation to avoid corrupted files.  :happyJ:

I will edit the post  and   thanks @Halo :)

Edited by Alfredgeorge

9 minutes ago, Alfredgeorge said:

@Halo  Yes you do not need to redownload the game, you may just diagnose and later replace the xgn file ,  the reason of the redownload it to make sure to make a good and clean installation to avoid corrupted files.  :happyJ:

I will edit the post  and and that,  thanks @Halo :)

i just had this issue after 6 months of playing this server ( tks to the auto update of win 10 creator) . Prob we dont really need to diagnose and then replace the xgn file. we can just replace it. If the replace is still not working then u do the diagnose :^).

btw, tks for the file m8

Edited by Horsey

Updated!! (hope it easy to understad )

@Horsey 

14 minutes ago, Horsey said:

i just had this issue after 6 months of playing this server ( tks to the auto update of win 10 creator) . Prob we dont really need to diagnose and then replace the xgn file. we can just replace it. If the replace is still not working then u do the diagnose :^).

btw, tks for the file m8

Your right but  if you diagnose the game later the patcher might overwrite the Xigncode folder xD, but I dunno need to try that :confused: thanks fo the advice @Horsey