Violet

[Official] Contest Discussion Thread

Answering your question here, @Yan you still can participate on this week. Those titles is just extra reward for people who participated on the last edition. 

@Shiina Your entry doesn't indicate whether you're wearing the lens or no.
Please edit your post before the deadline, otherwise your entry may be disqualified if you can't fit the theme.

12 hours ago, Ykhar said:

About Artist contest. There is ONLY one winner per category?

yes, there's only one winner per category

@Twig hello i think u might have to change your entry for union paparazzi since the eyes arent seen and you're supposed to halloween eve lens use them for this theme!

9 hours ago, Kuko said:

@Twig hello i think u might have to change your entry for union paparazzi since the eyes arent seen and you're supposed to halloween eve lens use them for this theme!

@Twig Basically this.
Please edit your entry before the deadline, otherwise you entry may be disqualified if you can't fit the theme.

3 hours ago, Kuko said:

@Harpy CAN WE MAKE ANIMATED SIGNATURES OR IT'S JUST NORMAL ONES OINUVDIANAVDOUINVAD IM HYPED

Animated signatures are fine.

I have 2 questions regarding the signature contest since i feel one of kinda important and the other one is just to confirm since i didn't find it stated-

1) Are we allowed to get ANY artwork/picture we want as long as it's the main character of the staff your doing it for and not 18+?
Do we have to like- actually provide a link or credit for where we get the art? Or does it exclusively have to be official art or something from closers wiki?

Tbh i don't even know where to find more of those artworks anyway... rip. but still important to ask-

2) Just confirming since it didn't specifiy: We're allowed to make 3 signatures for this: 1 signature for each staff member? or can you just make one for one staff member and enter it? There's only the rule that says we can't submit for more than 1 staff member so i guess i wanted to confirm this instead of staying confused

Thank you in advance~ and sry if my questions are silly-

2 hours ago, Marisia said:

I have 2 questions regarding the signature contest since i feel one of kinda important and the other one is just to confirm since i didn't find it stated-

1) Are we allowed to get ANY artwork/picture we want as long as it's the main character of the staff your doing it for and not 18+?
Do we have to like- actually provide a link or credit for where we get the art? Or does it exclusively have to be official art or something from closers wiki?

Tbh i don't even know where to find more of those artworks anyway... rip. but still important to ask-

2) Just confirming since it didn't specifiy: We're allowed to make 3 signatures for this: 1 signature for each staff member? or can you just make one for one staff member and enter it? There's only the rule that says we can't submit for more than 1 staff member so i guess i wanted to confirm this instead of staying confused

Thank you in advance~ and sry if my questions are silly-

Yes you can use any artwork/picture as long as it's centered around C:C, so focuses on the staff member's character. If its something off of say artstation or deviantart, it may be good to credit their creation!

Yes, you can make 1 signature for each staff, or just 1 signature for 1 member of staff. You do not have to make one for all if you do not want to.

:love:

3 minutes ago, Harpy said:

Yes you can use any artwork/picture as long as it's centered around C:C, so focuses on the staff member's character. If its something off of say artstation or deviantart, it may be good to credit their creation!

Yes, you can make 1 signature for each staff, or just 1 signature for 1 member of staff. You do not have to make one for all if you do not want to.

:love:

I see! That's great~ Thank you so much for clarification! I can't wait to get started then! :love:

small question about code:recolor can we use renders or items that were made by

others and credit them or we're supposed to edit the entire thing from scratch by drawing/designing without any preset?

On 11/30/2019 at 6:59 PM, Kuko said:

small question about code:recolor can we use renders or items that were made by

others and credit them or we're supposed to edit the entire thing from scratch by drawing/designing without any preset?

For Code:Recolor, depends what you had in mind really. You can always dm me to show me and I'll give a straight yes or no.

If it's someone else work that takes up the majority of the image or frame, then that's going into the area of just copying someone else's stuff. Official renders and images from C:C itself is typically an exception.

~~~

(to avoid double posting)
We've been getting some other questions that I'll leave the answers to here:

For Code:Recolor, does it have to be C:C themed?
Yes and no, remember it's going in-game so keep that in mind. So long as it fits the theme and is appropriate for the game, then it'll be good to go.

Think of it like this:
You wanted to do a snowy frame. Snowflakes and snow designs aren't entirely C:C related but are more then welcome to be used for a frame.

For Code:Recolor, does it have to be a recolor, or can be drawn by hand?
Drawn and designed by hand are very welcome in this! Its the main focus for this edition of the event.

is there a possibility that code:signature's due date will be extended a little bit since there isnt a lot of people so far but i could be mistaking...

:confused:

For Code: Recolor

Are the visual frames meant to be static images, or is it possible to animate them? Figured it'd be normal images but just curious since there are a couple of animated frames

Also curious if elements of the visual frames/titles that I'm thinking of can be adapted appropriately to enter in both categories at once, since I had the idea of having them compliment each other if hypothetically both are used

On 12/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, XIIIthLight said:

Are the visual frames meant to be static images, or is it possible to animate them?

Static only. No animated frames are allowed to be used.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, XIIIthLight said:

Also curious if elements of the visual frames/titles that I'm thinking of can be adapted appropriately to enter in both categories at once, since I had the idea of having them compliment each other if hypothetically both are used

This is going to sound a bit confusing with how I explain it. If you have a thematical combo, you could have both added, but not win for both. You're only able to win for 1 or the other.

if i scan in a drawing i did traditionally, it still counts as traditional and not digital, right?

sounds like a dumb question i know but i'm generally concerned

edit: AH FUCK I COMPLETELY MISSED THAT

please remove my reservation post, I should've read more carefully

Edited by Nonemi

52 minutes ago, Nonemi said:

if i scan in a drawing i did traditionally, it still counts as traditional and not digital, right?

sounds like a dumb question i know but i'm generally concerned

Yes, it's still considered traditional.

@MeraArtemis While your entry is lovely, the rules state that your entry must be for this contest, which means artworks made before the contest are not allowed. I'll clarify that a bit more in the rules, sorry if there was any confusion!