Sign in to follow this  
Rulebook

Tina in PvP

There's currently a topic on the forums calling for the ban of Bai in PvP; a Bai Ban, if you will (it's funny cuz "bai ban" means "whiteboard" in Chinese). I'm not going to get into that here because I don't think I'm qualified to say any more than I already have. The point in bringing that topic up was that several posts under it were discussing various characters' unique strengths, and reading them reignited a question I've had since back when I still played PvP. That question, which I'm genuinely hoping someone can give a serious answer for, is as follows: what are Tina's strengths in PvP?

From my experience, she's bad at pretty much everything. Her DPS is surprisingly low, her grabs are awkward and inconsistent, her range is ironically pitiful (doubly so after EX:T got nerfed), her attacks are easy to escape (you can literally walk out of some of them), her restands all have tiny hitboxes and massive cooldowns, it takes her FMs at least a solid second after casting to start doing damage, and to top it all off she's stuck on the ground at all times because going into the air reduces her DPS while also leaving her unacceptably vulnerable.

What is Tina's strength in PvP? What advantage does she have that gives her an edge over the other characters? What is the yang to the yin that is her slew of weaknesses? Is she just so incredibly broken in PvE that she must suck in PvP to balance things out? Is she actually just really bad in PvP or is there something I'm missing? I'm really hoping someone can give me an in-depth answer and explanation.

Any and all contributions are appreciated!

Edited by Rulebook
some words

Typically you'd have to already be skilled with her in order to stand a chance against most characters. Also she was recently nerfed in a way only people who really main her can understand and it's actually horrible because:

1. You can't change the direction of your FM1 mid-cast anymore
- This kinda cripples her potential in pvp since now you literally don't have any chance to sike out your opponent. Pretty much anyone that can that has a teleport/dash skill (Yuri, Wolfgang, Levia, Nata, Tina, Violet, Soma, Seha, everyone tbh) can just dash behind her and render her FM1 useless.

2. Movement speed on Thunderbolt was nerfed

- It was literally one of the first chances you can get to get a nice catch at the beginning of the match, especially if you could predict where the enemy was and move there due to the arena wide range on it. It was a good match ending move, good to catch anyone who likes to run and isn't in the air, but now unless they stand right in the line of the blast, they can pretty much just walk in the other direction and it'll be useless.

Another thing is she's chase while everyone else is aerial and that's just a handicap in it's own since unless you aerial combo with a sacrifice to damage, then characters like Harpy, Nata, Levia will completely trash her without any problem.

Hope this helped ^^

Tina is still a beast in PvP. She's not the braindead beast she used to be, but she's still extremely potent if played well.

First of all, Tina's DPS isn't bad at all. As purification core and module skill boost applies in PvP, your Heat Shot still hurts. A lot. Along with Phantom Snipe, Tina still trades fairly effectively (obviously not on Seulbi's level, but Seulbi is just plain retarded).

Secondly, Tina still has 2 grabs, Close Combat being short cooldown. Yes it doesn't have amazing reach nor coverage, but it makes up for it by being almost instant along with some Y-axis coverage/mobility. Some chars are not able to grab at all with their skill if they are slightly above/below you for example, but Close Combat can. As for Sharpshooting, it is EXTREMELY awkward if not used from air. I feel that the setup is much quicker used from air than from ground. The only exception to this is when you go for a Dive into instant Sharpshooting.

Thirdly, her mobility. She's definitely not Soma tier in terms of mobility, but she's still great at it. Dive gives you the freedom to move towards Y-axis, which a lot of other mobility skills lack. Trick Shot is also another really good mobility skill.

If you're attempting to play keep away and trade, Tina no longer shines in that department. Ironically, Tina currently is all about gap closing with her instant mobility skills and attempting for a grab. Seulbi has pretty much taken the old Tina role where you're literally a trade machine and play keep-away 24/7.

I thought this Tina had pretty solid movements overall as an example (11:11):

lol dont think too much just enjoy the game.. every character have its ups and downs just explore don't be a stereotype naive player . PVE wise = TF practically 1 hit everything LOL so why think hard about dps and stuff  PVP wise = i don't combo! run and gun blast away its fun xD and they mad when lose yuk yuk yuk .. well joking aside i enjoy playing tina than other character why? cause i love LOLI's xD

I'm not surprised as to how a +15 user would enjoy the trading game. Spoiler alert, some people actually don't own +15s and need to use a brain. Especially now that Bai is in the midst of it all.

1 hour ago, caetho said:

I'm not surprised as to how a +15 user would enjoy the trading game. Spoiler alert, some people actually don't own +15s and need to use a brain. Especially now that Bai is in the midst of it all.

I'm sorry, but who/what exactly are you referring to with this?

EDIT:

No need to respond, someone has PMed me the answer.

Edited by Rulebook

2 hours ago, Rulebook said:

I'm sorry, but who/what exactly are you referring to with this?

EDIT:

No need to respond, someone has PMed me the answer.

Oh ofc its me hes drolling about me and thinks about me all the time he even knows every little details of my gears.. just dont mind him hes deeply inlove with me and goes tsundere whenever he saw me posting .. 

3 hours ago, Wydelle said:

Oh ofc its me hes drolling about me and thinks about me all the time he even knows every little details of my gears.. just dont mind him hes deeply inlove with me and goes tsundere whenever he saw me posting .. 

At least try and stay on topic while you proclaim to everyone how important you are. I know you're entitled but could you at least say one thing useful about PvP for once?

I'll let you try again :)

1 hour ago, caetho said:

At least try and stay on topic while you proclaim to everyone how important you are. I know you're entitled but could you at least say one thing useful about PvP for once?

I'll let you try again :)

Ayieee you really want my attention that much? For a thousand times caetho, ill tell you this ,stop chasing what you cant reach . I already have a girlfriend and im not into bromance.

You threw your attempt at formulating a proper response to this thread to bragging about a relationship nobody cares about. I was joking when I was talking about you feeling insecure, but I guess I struck a nerve? If that's so I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel threatened.

I know it's very hard for you to resist defending this honor nobody other than you cares about, but once again stay on topic or it will be the staff next time that intervenes in this clowns act of yours.

Please do not derail a user's thread. refrain from commenting if you have nothing to say to contribute to this topic.
Lock granted!