Sign in to follow this  
Kaideh

[Discussion] 0x62 - Christmas Festival

I usually don't see this kind of threads being created here very often, so people can actually discuss the good and bad things about the updates, however, I decided to create the thread this time, not only to give people the opportunity to do it so, but to give a huge round of applause and appreciation for the hard work put into this update.

Thank you so much, Violet and all the staff behind this patch for listening to our inputs and feedbacks. Personally, to me, this goes way beyond what I could ever hope for - especially with the bigger fonts. For someone almost blind like me without glasses, this is a blessing.

Merry xmas! ❤️

1 hour ago, LordLL said:

Are the Event accessory and costume drops permanent?

Every other event's costume/accessory drops have been permanent thus far, so I think it's safe to assume that this event's costume/accessory drops will be permanent as well.

hi have 2 question respecting the bod merging rate.

the 100% rate is for every character or only for the bai team?

if i merge the two 2-star costume the 100% rate will apply or only for 3-star costumes?

also ty for the event if may not see good have a lot of good thinks so have fun ;)

5 minutes ago, Xores said:

the 100% rate is for every character or only for the bai team?

if i merge the two 2-star costume the 100% rate will apply or only for 3-star costumes?

100% rate is only for Wolfgang, Luna, Soma, and Bai.

100% rate only applies for 3-Star costumes.

Edited by Rulebook
a word

Well it's been a week and a few days since the event released, so I think I'll share some of my thoughts now:

Spoiler
  • Regular Dungeons: Pretty standard so there's not much to talk about. Runs are easy but not too easy, and the layout was simple but not too simple. I love not having to sit through countless boss intro/death cutscenes with these dungeons the way I did with the previous event's dungeon. Last thing I want to say about these dungeons is that they drop Spooky Converters and that's seriously the best.
  • Normal Attack Dungeon: Really interesting in concept, but kind of annoying in practice. Some characters' regular attacks are so pathetic (namely J/Luna) that I feel ridiculous for using them; other characters' regular attacks are so OP (namely Tina/Violet/Bai) that the dungeon becomes ridiculously easy. But no matter which character is used, runs feel tedious and uninteresting. It would've been better if there were more maps and enemy layouts. On the upside, the drops are pretty nice. Unfortunately, they weren't nice enough for me to want to keep running the dungeon and I've basically stopped doing it.
  • Event Crafts: Simply amazing. +14 was amazing enough, but we also got 300+ days of VIP and unlimited Dark Zenith boxes. Then there's the camp vouchers, which of course are always welcome. I also really like the gamble box for how cheap it is relative to the potential rewards. It's no exaggeration to say that I've made my Credits back several times over with those boxes. Visual slots appreciated (especially since I asked for them on Discord) though I wish we got accessory slots as well. And last but not least are the pets. Oh boy, for Mini David to be released as an event pet was super generous. Such an in-demand pet could've brought in some big bucks if it was put in the item mall, but instead they made it available to everyone for free.
  • Overall: Really enjoying this event. The stuff I don't like about it do nothing to take away from the stuff I do like about it. Great job dev team, keep up the good work!

EDIT:

Look what the event dungeon dropped for me:

Spoiler

7nCOeXE.png

:happyTina:

Edited by Rulebook

IMO, the staff have brought us the very real Christmas in Closers
Take my tears of happiness and all my gratitude for making such a great holidays for us :happyLev:

On 12/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, Esther said:

IMO, the staff have brought us the very real Christmas in Closers
Take my tears of happiness and all my gratitude for making such a great holidays for us :happyLev:

Yes, you're right. During xmas, the game gave me a +14 (manual enhancement) on my tein and then this year, a few days ago, i got a +15 booster on my J. I'm grateful for the VIP tokens being available for this event 

5 hours ago, Cultits said:

Yes, you're right. During xmas, the game gave me a +14 (manual enhancement) on my tein and then this year, a few days ago, i got a +15 booster on my J. I'm grateful for the VIP tokens being available for this event 

Congrats on +15 >:^) feelsgoodman

Well the event is over now and let me just say it was the best C:C event (I've taken part in) to date.

I've mentioned this before, and other people have mentioned it since, but I feel it's worth repeating: this event was super generous. Having unlimited access to Dark ZW was great, having daily VIP/voucher crafting was awesome, having a +14 was a meme dream come true, but having all of that and more in a single event was just unbelievable.

Besides that, Spooky Converters dropping in dungeons was the best thing ever and I definitely would love to see more of that in the future. I got two SS tunings out of them and that was pretty much the highlight of the entire event for me. One thing I would like is for Spooky Converters to be bank-shareable, but I won't get into that here.

I don't know what the next event will be, but if it's anything like the Christmas event then I'm super looking forward to it. Obviously I don't expect as much stuff from every other event as we got from this one (it was for Christmas after all). That said, I feel like this event has set a good precedent for future events.

Edited by Rulebook
clarification

11 hours ago, Rulebook said:

I don't know what the next event will be, but if it's anything like the Christmas event then I'm super looking forward to it. Obviously I don't expect as much stuff from every other event as we got from this one (it was for Christmas after all). That said, I feel like this event has set a good precedent for future events.

Most likely will be the second anniversary of CODE :happyLev:

19 hours ago, Rulebook said:

Well the event is over now and let me just say it was the best C:C event (I've taken part in) to date.

I've mentioned this before, and other people have mentioned it since, but I feel it's worth repeating: this event was super generous. Having unlimited access to Dark ZW was great, having daily VIP/voucher crafting was awesome, having a +14 was a meme dream come true, but having all of that and more in a single event was just unbelievable.

Besides that, Spooky Converters dropping in dungeons was the best thing ever and I definitely would love to see more of that in the future. I got two SS tunings out of them and that was pretty much the highlight of the entire event for me. One thing I would like is for Spooky Converters to be bank-shareable, but I won't get into that here.

Dark ZW got me gagging. That was extremely generous and I'm grateful for that. I was hoping for an extension so I could get more sets for the missing characters, but I bet it wasn't their intention at first place for us to get everything (hence why things were expensive).

I do hope, for next event, for dungeons to have a single entry, tho. My only complaint about it was that every day it took me 2 - 3 hours (with small breaks, ofc) to run through my chars to farm event bugs + dailies, so playing for awhile felt draining. Other than that, I loved everything about it and I'm extremely grateful that we had it.

Thanks a bunch, C:C staff ❤️

I'm glad most of you have enjoyed our xmas event!

However to add on to this, just to set the record straight and not having a sense of false hope.
NOT every event will be like this, in fact  I could pretty much assure you that only the x-mas/end of the year event will remain in this volume.

Since it's the holidays season that's all about giving back to everyone who supported us here through thick and thin we wanted to fulfill that fantasy!