Lan

[CONTEST] Code: Creation - Draw a Fanart!

Topic will be automatically locked at 05:00 AM

3cbb65c1a2.png

ʜᴇʟʟᴏ, ᴀɢᴇɴᴛs !

[FA] Lan reporting in with an event to inspire your inner Michelangelo! Introducing Code: Creation, a bi-monthly Closers-themed art contest
to put your artistic spirit to the test. Great ideas come from all sorts of places, so don't be discouraged--everyone is welcome to join in!

Continue reading to be briefed on the details . . .

17fe903b19.png

Rules are rules and this contest is no different. Read thoroughly, and make sure to follow these to the best of your ability !

1. 18+ content is strictly prohibited.
2. Don't steal and/or copy(this includes tracing) others' work as it will lead to disqualification.
3. Follow the CODE: Closers Official 
Community Guidelines.
4. Stick to the theme, or your hard work may go wasted!
5. Post your progress in a spoiler (at least one image is required).

6. Do not enter using multiple forum accounts.
7. You are only allowed one submission per contest (ie. you cannot participate in both categories or submit 2 pieces for one category, etc).

8. If you win this edition you won't be able to participate next edition; likewise, if you've won the prior edition, you cannot participate in this one.

9. You may show your support for an entry by giving it a "like". However, doing so will not decide the winner(s).
10. Direct all questions to the Contest Discussion thread and ping me (or send me a PM); This contest thread is for submissions only.

b9e0f4ec3c.png

Creativity comes from many mediums, so we want to award the best of two worlds! Therefore, each month, 
we'll be judging two categories separately and handing out bit prizes to the best of the best. Take a look and see for yourself !

• • • • •

Dɪɢɪᴛᴀʟ Aʀᴛ Cᴀᴛᴇɢᴏʀʏ:
Do you draw with a mouse or tablet? Perhaps you're more accustomed to drawing with programs like SAI or Photoshop? 
If that sounds pretty spot-on, then the digital art category would suit you the best !

Tʀᴀᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ Aʀᴛ Cᴀᴛᴇɢᴏʀʏ:
Do you prefer to draw with pencil and paper? Or maybe pens and markers are the most appropriate choice for you? 
If so, then the traditional art category would be your best fit !

Pʀɪᴢᴇs:
one grand-prize winner per category will receive 10,000 bits

fa1f510a88.png

Tʜɪs ᴇᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ's ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇ ɪs... April Showers !

April showers bring May flowers~! The seasons are changing, and Spring is approaching quickly; with that change comes rain and sunshine. This Code: Creation edition tasks you with capturing those rainy days with the Closers. Are they jumping through the puddles, or taking a stroll in a light sun-shower? Maybe they're using this time to plant a garden? Let your vision shine through!

Tʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅʟɪɴᴇ ɪs sɪx ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ᴏɴ May 8th .

There's no need to rush -- Take your time, but use it wisely !

b31f3abdf2.png

Cᴏɴɢʀᴀᴛᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ᴛᴏ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴɴᴇʀs !

Every winner's artwork will be posted here to commemorate a job well done. 
If you don't manage to win this time, don't worry--you can always try again next edition!

Dɪɢɪᴛᴀʟ Aʀᴛ    Pᴀsᴛ Wɪɴɴᴇʀs

Spoiler

Honorary Heroes(July 16th, 2017 - August 16th, 2017) grand-prize winner N13 && runner-up winners IchiZero and Misha
Spring In Bloom(May 9th, 2018 - June 9th, 2018) grand-prize winner Mika && runner-up winners Haruto Kaguragi and kongouSenpai
Hallow's Eve(October 15th, 2018 - November 15th, 2018) grand-prize winner Linoichi && runner-up winners Ykhar and Esther
Happy Holidays(December 22nd, 2018 - January 22nd, 2019) grand-prize winner Esther && runner-up winner Taiyaki Bun
Be My Valentine(January 28th, 2019 - March 11th, 2019) grand-prize winner Linoichi

Tʀᴀᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ Aʀᴛ    Pᴀsᴛ Wɪɴɴᴇʀs

Spoiler

Honorary Heroes(July 16th, 2017 - August 16th, 2017) grand-prize winner Boe && runner-up winners Ryouichi and HEROIC
Winter Wonderland(November 24th, 2017 - January 24th, 2018) grand-prize winner Akat
Spring In Bloom(May 9th, 2018 - June 9th, 2018) grand-prize winner IronAngel && runner-up winners Tiffa and Himasaki
Hallow's Eve(October 15th, 2018 - November 15th, 2018) grand-prize winner Viruska && runner-up winners XIIIthLight and Kyuubi24
Happy Holidays(December 22nd, 2018 - January 22nd, 2019) grand-prize winner kongouSenpai && runner-up winner Sanders
Be My Valentine(January 28th, 2019 - March 11th, 2019) grand-prize winner Geegee

*** If for whatever reason you did not receive your prize, feel free to send me a PM. ***

Keep at it and stay inspired, agents. 
Gᴏᴏᴅ ʟᴜᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ !

IGN: Hellawes
Category: Digital

Spoiler

contestv3.png

WIP GIF:

Spoiler

This time I've decided to go with different style and this was fun, painful and pretty satisfying
Please notice the pocket Soma because she's cute and is almost invisible
Bless Photoshop for giving me the umbrella because i can't draw circles apparently (?)

april-wip.gif

Edited by Esther
Fixed a smol mistake, can't see them until i upload smh

IGN Sanders
Category: Traditional Pencil/Pen
"Jumping in rain puddles is the best!"

Spoiler

Finished:
56464383_583871042018538_695364984862932

Spoiler

Progress:
9d09681bbe3fd2f59823cd9b2d13e8a3.0.jpeg?
ef84a521374a90ed6cb79a2ccc07b409.0.jpeg?
Soma_11.jpeg?width=372&height=677ee4105dfbb548f67083be9025a532516.0.jpeg?
7d77778017e67accb7226f84c43694d3.0.jpeg?
-

Edited by Sanders

IGN: SaberAthena

Medium: Digital via Medibang, PS and Adobe Illustrator

Yuri's youthful spring

Currently progress

Spoiler

revise-03-01-01-01-01-01.png

STEP BY STEPS

Sketches via Medibang

Spoiler

unknown-15.pngunknown-10.png