Vayne

Game not responding when entering any dungeon from Hub area, but fixes itself after a certain time

I'm having a problem where the game would become not responding whenever I enter any dungeons from any hub area. Chronogically describing what happens, it would look like this:
1. I press the Enter Dungeon button
2. Game shows loading screen, but only for 1 frame (I know it's for exactly 1 frame because the "Warning Closers Line Do Not Cross" thing doesn't get to move at all) then the game froze. Upon checking task manager it says the game is Not Responding.
3. After waiting for a while (how long it stays not responding varies between dungeons), the game continues as if nothing happened, and dungeon loading progress begins to show. The dungeon can be played normally as well.
4. This happens for PvP loading as well. Oddly, this doesn't happen when I enter a dungeon via Retry from inside the dungeon after clearing it.

At first I thought everyone had this problem, since the last MMORPG I played (Elsword) also enters not responding state everytime it shows loading screen and everyone has it in that game. I just discovered that this was an abnormality after voice chatting with a friend while playing and he was baffled by my awful loading time.

This is a big problem for party play, as the time the game stays Not Responding becomes WAY longer. For Example in Contamination Hell, if I enter solo, the time to wait for the game to recover is ~30 seconds (never actually measured this, just an estimate), while in party play I had to wait for ~3 minutes until my game recovers from its not responding state.

Send help or I play solo forever

Things I tried:
- Reinstalling
- Diagnose via game launcher (it doesn't say anything wrong)
- Playing in windowed/fullscreen
- Turning off NVIDIA Overlay
- Closing all other applications except background windows stuff
- Lowering game setting as low as possible
- Adding Closers folder to exception list in windows defender (no other antivirus) and turning Firewall off

A few years ago I played this game (no friends lul) too in my country's server on my older computer and it had this problem too, exactly the same. Now I am playing this game with a different computer and I have the same thing happening. The only thing kept from the old computer is its Drive D:, which isn't even used for Closers since I installed the game into an external. For years I thought this was normal and only today I found out it's not. I even searched every english forum with keyword "not responding" and no one had this exact problem. I don't know how to fix this but at least I know the problem isn't in the computer. Here's my spec anyway

Intel i5-7600 @3.5GHz 64 bit
8GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti

I think its your internet's fault.

I have the same issue back then when i'm using a slower internet connection. If you can, you can try pinging the server via cmd.

If you're not sure how to do it..

1) press window button + r then type cmd.
2) type "ping codeclosers.to -t" without the parentheses.
3) check the time= (if its above 300 then its your internet connection).

I'm not sure about this issue, better wait for the other people to comment.

:sorry:

It is another bane of C:C. Instead of memory leaks that mysteriously disappeared we have this now. For me it started to occur right after last major update. Soma made a comment on this problem once saying that if you're playing for too long this problem can occur, but it is not the case it seems. Because you can get that freeze at the first hub's loading screen right after you restarted the client, so they are as random as they could be.

Anyway, in your case you can avoid it by waiting a bit and it is kinda cool. Because as for me - I have to do forced close of my client, no waiting can cure this.

Also this problem is kinda rare it seems, since only few of my circle mates have encountered this.

Edited by SilveRain

2 hours ago, Seirene said:

I think its your internet's fault.

I have the same issue back then when i'm using a slower internet connection. If you can, you can try pinging the server via cmd.

If you're not sure how to do it..

1) press window button + r then type cmd.
2) type "ping codeclosers.to -t" without the parentheses.
3) check the time= (if its above 300 then its your internet connection).

I'm not sure about this issue, better wait for the other people to comment.

:sorry:

my ping to here is ~290ms average. Barely enough I guess but I don't think internet is the problem either
The problem still happened years ago when I played in my country's server which I'm sure I have <10ms ping since I'm playing in my own country server after all. idk :sorry:

51 minutes ago, SilveRain said:

It is another bane of C:C. Instead of memory leaks that mysteriously disappeared we have this now. For me it started to occur right after last major update. Soma made a comment on this problem once saying that if you're playing for too long this problem can occur, but it is not the case it seems. Because you can get that freeze at the first hub's loading screen right after you restarted the client, so they are as random as they could be.

Anyway, in your case you can avoid it by waiting a bit and it is kinda cool. Because for me it is just client's forced close, no waiting can cure this.

Also this problem is kinda rare it seems, since only few of my circle mates have encountered this.

Ty for info man at least I know I'm not alone (although the specifics of the problem varies)
Stuck playin' solo I guess, don't wanna make people wait 3 minutes because of me :depressed:

Have you try windows update? Maybe your windows have a problem , or try reinstalling windows

This problem most likely from your end

Edited by Harutori