Tiko

Your thoughts on the event?

On 12/26/2019 at 1:44 PM, Soma said:

On the topic of Credit Sinking, we apologize for this... However, please understand that with the amount of gold we tracked to have been injected into the economy with the bug/exploit this was a much needed Credit Sink. I know it's going to suck for some people but this in the long run will help the people it sucks for. I don't like the idea of it either but I understand why it was necessary.

Thank you all for the feedback and I hope everyone enjoyed the Holidays!

saying as "for the greater good" now wont make the situation any better. you can look at the forum now that the credit sinking mission is a failure plus as the guy above me stated there ARE a LOT of new players + casual player now playing. At the same time as releasing this event "the credit sinking event" wont leave a good impression at all

the event itself is pretty much same as the last but the problem is that the craftable items are a lot and they're mostly useful to gear up so the daily/weekly credits required to craft them are really high which blocked the economy of the BM and trading between players. It seems like ppl are just trying to save all their incomes to supply all their outcomes to the game instead of going to both (game and other players).
IMO, during an event ppl should be able to craft everything that's on the list, at least that's my way to play the event. It seems like they added 2 events' craftable items in the duration of only 1 event (christmas + new year). The costumes' prices are doubled and their quantity are increased, the amount of the token required force me to have to sort them out and choose what's the priority. 
There are a lot of different type of players, but this event seems targeting only to who wants to be top 1/ strong but there are ppl that like to farm, being rich or who only wants the costumes. 

Edited by Relter

as a player who started playing few days ago, there isn't much stuffs i can get from this event, yes i do have 2 pages out of 3 (1 of them is costumes page so meh) options to craft but crafting fees are too high for most items for me, would be better if you doubled the amount of candy cane required to craft this or that and cut the crafting fees into half but thats just my personal opinion

while i understand staffs tried to reward older decently-geared players for the time and efforts they spent on the game, i dislike the idea of locking an event drop just for op players and i wish they were more considerate towards low/mid-geared players as well

hopefully next event be better than that

Edited by AuraSeer

1 hour ago, AuraSeer said:

as a player who started playing few days ago, there isn't much stuffs i can get from this event, yes i do have 2 pages out of 3 (1 of them is costumes page so meh) options to craft but crafting fees are too high for most items for me, would be better if you doubled the amount of candy cane required to craft this or that and cut the crafting fees into half but thats just my personal opinion

while i understand staffs tried to reward older decently-geared players for the time and efforts they spent on the game, i dislike the idea of locking an event drop just for op players and i wish they were more considerate towards low/mid-geared players as well

hopefully next event be better than that

this is what i have been telling the admin about, hopefully they take into account for newer player because now there are lots of player migrate from other private server to C:C. dont make the same mistake because first impression is important.
FYI ALL recent event is credit sink now and i dont even know why. i played in the mid 2019 and there are 3 credit sink event till now. recently this event is the worst credit sink ever created

38 minutes ago, Keisuke1123 said:

this is what i have been telling the admin about, hopefully they take into account for newer player because now there are lots of player migrate from other private server to C:C. dont make the same mistake because first impression is important.
FYI ALL recent event is credit sink now and i dont even know why. i played in the mid 2019 and there are 3 credit sink event till now. recently this event is the worst credit sink ever created

All that I know is that apparently there was a bug where people could buy Neol-fox tails in the circle's shop, so they exploided that bug to sell them in BM obviously way expensiver. But since nobody knows which players exploided that bug all community is suffering the consequences

The encounter on Assault isn't difficult, it's randomly unforgiving.

You shatter his armor and juggle him but if you do a wrong move and he gets to use pulse cannon you cannot i-frame in time to dodge it. Aside from that the dungeon is just a jugglefest that can only be failed if you use a wrong skill that doesn't make him fall to the ground in order to be restanded. He has a Force Cancel but you can generally get away from it, unless he of course, uses point blank, FM3 or Pulse Cannon. It's not even a "get used to it" scenario there's no real telegraph of him using anything unless you're already i-framed, which kind of defeats the purpose of it all. Predict and juggle, or die, those are your options. Again, when you juggle him non stop the dungeon is a piss-take for anyone.

Already mentioned by many others that the Credit sink is unbearable for most players, extremely unfriendly towards new players and returning players, the income that you make is not enough to sustain it and since everyone is suffering tremendous loss. You either load up PGC to sell for credits, which is going to be difficult unless a well established trader goes for it or you are forced to straight up grind instances to scrape together a pathetic amount of credits that is easily eclipsed by the Event's cost per day. You have to be absolutely insane to even try and keep up with it. Soma has commented though that this Credit sink is designed to offset Credit injection due to exploitation of game mechanics to basically infinitely print money. Everyone pays the price, everyone is now broke.

I'm beating a dead horse I know, but my thoughts on this event is, it's a failure. A failure because of limited resource crafting while having infinite boxes, failure on pricing of items which was already addressed by Soma and the dungeon's difficulty isn't because the fight is mechanically engaging, it's about how good you are at restanding enemies. All in all, it repeated what the Summer Event did. but at least Summer Event had an interesting dungeon to go through, albeit short. Since the credit issue has been resolved I hope the next event won't be a complete traffic accident.

Edited by caetho

Going back to my thought about credits, which I didn't mention before at all.
It think Winner Event show smth that was a problem for a longer time - credit farming and economy inflation/demurrage. Even I understand now why you did what you did with event crafting costs, I think it won't change a lot. Right now Blackmarket is completely silent on both - discord and game when it comes to anything.

As caetho mention:

5 hours ago, caetho said:

You either load up PGC to sell for credits, which is going to be difficult unless a well established trader goes for it or you are forced to straight up grind instances to scrape together a pathetic amount of credits that is easily eclipsed by the Event's cost per day. You have to be absolutely insane to even try and keep up with it.

Even PGC won't help fix the lack of buyers for that moment on a game. And it's global problem, around whole server. People who used to seek for PGC a lot, now are not able to buy any from others since most of their credit went either on Cozy Winter/Santa Helper sets or event stuff.

People trying to keep up with credits farming but it's taking too much time (up to few hrs to get a amount of credits which would be enough for at least crafting dailies + some extra stuff).

@Soma I do think you should consider option of small 'credit events' which would let people get more Treasure Chests or anything that would increase credit for the time when events are not on. Just a small help for new, or veteran players to catch up with new prices (let's be honest, price for old (even new) Gacha sets are increasing as hell and not everyone in this game are able to spend real money for it). If not so, then think how you can improve credit farming for a players who are still gearing up, because even you got one geared character on C:C, most of the people goes for alts who require materials (so you losing another way of getting credits by selling materials). Or as a last option: consider changing tickets, maybe black market limit or smth else than would stop that inflations and let people keep more credits instead of farming them and still getting almost nothing when you compare it to prices. I already did suggestion about it.

Not mention that prices of everything went down as hell and people are still not buying anything.

Edited by Minos

On 1/1/2020 at 10:20 PM, caetho said:

The encounter on Assault isn't difficult, it's randomly unforgiving.

You shatter his armor and juggle him but if you do a wrong move and he gets to use pulse cannon you cannot i-frame in time to dodge it. Aside from that the dungeon is just a jugglefest that can only be failed if you use a wrong skill that doesn't make him fall to the ground in order to be restanded. He has a Force Cancel but you can generally get away from it, unless he of course, uses point blank, FM3 or Pulse Cannon. It's not even a "get used to it" scenario there's no real telegraph of him using anything unless you're already i-framed, which kind of defeats the purpose of it all. Predict and juggle, or die, those are your options. Again, when you juggle him non stop the dungeon is a piss-take for anyone.

Just to comment on this or rather re-iterate what I said earlier but with more detail. I only have a little control on how hard a boss is. With the way the game is designed a boss is created to have the exact skills its given. In other games I've worked on in the past and other games I've helped with normally you'd have a skill/spell list and a monster list that you then given the skills/spells to the monster and thats that, so if you wanted to create a hard boss you can rag tag a couple of hard skills together and put them on the boss or make some custom skills that are designed to be hard via a mechanic. However, Closers is a completely different beast I'm afraid, the way their system is designed your monster is created with its skills externally and then imported into the game's data files as such. So although boss A and boss B might have 2 skills that could make a challenging fight we can't simply give the event boss these skills.

So what does that mean? Basically the only choice we have to make a challenging boss fight is to take something that is already tricky or hard and change its stats to make it either unforgiving or match the current level of player base. I know this sucks and I wish I had more control on this but you can ask Rulebook and Rin about the many nights we where working on trying to make the original boss that we had before Seha hard and we just had no success. So the only real thing I can put forward is if people have suggestions of a better challenging boss for future challenge modes then suggesting it or passing a list to one of the player staff so that in the next event we can have something a bit more fun.

I honestly wish there was more I could do with this game but Naddic have made a lot of poor design choices. I've worked with a lot of different systems over the past couple of years and this has to be one of the most poorly designed systems I've seen.

On 1/2/2020 at 2:08 AM, Minos said:

@Soma I do think you should consider option of small 'credit events' which would let people get more Treasure Chests or anything that would increase credit for the time when events are not on. Just a small help for new, or veteran players to catch up with new prices (let's be honest, price for old (even new) Gacha sets are increasing as hell and not everyone in this game are able to spend real money for it). If not so, then think how you can improve credit farming for a players who are still gearing up, because even you got one geared character on C:C, most of the people goes for alts who require materials (so you losing another way of getting credits by selling materials). Or as a last option: consider changing tickets, maybe black market limit or smth else than would stop that inflations and let people keep more credits instead of farming them and still getting almost nothing when you compare it to prices. I already did suggestion about it.

You'd be best tagging one of the staff or Harpy about stuff like this as mentioned earlier I try my best to avoid making any decisions for the game as I do not and have not really played it to a degree where I feel like I know whats good/best. Harpy has and the other staff still do so usually even if I come up with ideas for the game it's always bounced of them first as my strength comes from actual dev work and not design. I will however tag Harpy so that when she is around she can look into it and give her opinion on the matter. @Harpy

14 hours ago, Soma said:

Just to comment on this or rather re-iterate what I said earlier but with more detail. I only have a little control on how hard a boss is. With the way the game is designed a boss is created to have the exact skills its given. In other games I've worked on in the past and other games I've helped with normally you'd have a skill/spell list and a monster list that you then given the skills/spells to the monster and thats that, so if you wanted to create a hard boss you can rag tag a couple of hard skills together and put them on the boss or make some custom skills that are designed to be hard via a mechanic. However, Closers is a completely different beast I'm afraid, the way their system is designed your monster is created with its skills externally and then imported into the game's data files as such. So although boss A and boss B might have 2 skills that could make a challenging fight we can't simply give the event boss these skills.

So what does that mean? Basically the only choice we have to make a challenging boss fight is to take something that is already tricky or hard and change its stats to make it either unforgiving or match the current level of player base. I know this sucks and I wish I had more control on this but you can ask Rulebook and Rin about the many nights we where working on trying to make the original boss that we had before Seha hard and we just had no success. So the only real thing I can put forward is if people have suggestions of a better challenging boss for future challenge modes then suggesting it or passing a list to one of the player staff so that in the next event we can have something a bit more fun.

I wasn't actually addressing you directly with this one, I don't assume you know what bosses have what properties as you have not invested yourself in this game to that degree. Those who give you feedback on what bosses to implement do. This is more so directed at those who advise you on what to put into a dungeon for future events.

While having an original boss is alright I'd consider a more mechanically intense boss and whether it allows itself to function within those dungeons in the first place. I'm looking more towards Irina/David, Purification Bosses, Tiamat, Beelzebub Bosses like Muska. Perhaps even the Team Challenge Bosses or Misook as others require more area to function or interact with the map itself which would create more issues if you wish to port them over to other maps etc. Perhaps have a combination of 2 of those bosses and see how those interact with one another on the test server.

It would be best to add a easy/hard mode for both types of runs, with appropriately scaled rewards. That way, for rewards such as the 2020 coins you'll just be faced with the issue of not getting all of the rewards rather than not having any rewards at all- a fair middle ground that can accommodate both new and veteran players.

To elaborate, as an example, set the first 2 difficulties of the current event dungeons as the runs for the candy cane, and the last 2 for the coins, where you'd get double the rewards for completing the harder difficulty for each run. 

Scaling for such difficulties will have to be determined appropriately (HP, dmg, etc) so that a player can be rewarded as such to their current place in the game, which is why there are even difficulties to select to begin with. The grind for additional candy canes I am fine with since you can chose how much time you want to invest for what you want to craft, with the limit per day being okay, leaving room for excess still for most crafts. 

Credit costs I won't say much on since I'm not conscious enough on money making, I just kinda let it add up over time passively, but I will agree that cred prices could be balanced better, especially since candy canes are what should be the currency more concerned over, as they should be what influences more on how much you want to participate on the event rather than how much you can afford. I would welcome spending more if I'm able to obtain more, investing my time appropriately as such for the grind.

Edited by XIIIthLight

12 hours ago, XIIIthLight said:

Credit costs I won't say much on since I'm not conscious enough on money making, I just kinda let it add up over time passively, but I will agree that cred prices could be balanced better, especially since candy canes are what should be the currency more concerned over, as they should be what influences more on how much you want to participate on the event rather than how much you can afford. I would welcome spending more if I'm able to obtain more, investing my time appropriately as such for the grind.

What if the crafting material has the credit costs from the raw material from event rather than the event crafts added instead so that the economy behind the event crafts will rely solely on the material count requirement rather than the padded credits along with it.

alright, now that the event is finally over, i'll be giving some feedback.

i started playing closers around the time the event started, so i'm a relatively new player. take that into account when reading my feedback.

also, before i get into feedback, i will say that i'm a fan of the staff team being responsive and actually communicating with the players in this thread. please do continue to do so.

-

this feedback is about the 2019 christmas event. link to the event is below.

my feedback will be divided up into different portions. all main points will be bolded, but i still recommend reading the rest if you want to understand my reasoning behind my points. i'll be repeating some things that others have said without a doubt. unfortunately, i can't be as detailed as i want to be since i don't know stuff very well.

event format

1x new year's dungeon reward box -> 4x-7x warp fragments + 1x-3x firework lucky box + 1x new year consumable box (5x-10x cookie of benevolent smile/levia's heart cookie/satellite explosion candy/mistletein's sugar packets/rainbow rice cake/piece of cake)

gonna start off with what i liked about the event format. there were some things i liked about the event format. the new year's dungeon reward box dropped in all dungeons, letting us run any dungeon we wanted to for event items. that was good. i highly recommend keeping this part of the event format. having the freedom to run any dungeon for rewards is very good. the consumables were also very good, both the effects and the amounts given. consumable box should also be kept. they definitely helped with grinding. there was one consumable i found unneeded, though. rainbow rice cakes have a nice effect, but its effect is the exact same as the effect of satellite explosion candies. rainbow rice cakes can be removed since they're just redundant. everything else was really nice though. however, what i've noticed so far while playing closers is that there's no real consistent way of getting HP recovery items besides the ampoules sold in shops. i wouldn't mind seeing some HP recovery capsules/dual recovery capsules thrown into the consumable box.  of course, it might just be not realizing there's a way to consistently get more of these.

moving onto what i had some problems on this event. as a newcomer, i didn't really know the deal about the fireworks and how to get candy canes and stuff at first. i could've made a forum thread asking how to do all this event stuff, but i think things like that should be mentioned in the event announcement post. the purpose of fireworks and how to get event items should be explained in the event announcement post. something as simple as "run dungeons to get fireworks, use fireworks, click on the circle on the top right, redeem vouchers at that one NPC, etc." wouldn't hurt to add. i actually completely missed the circle on the top right, so i was pretty confused. the concept of firework and points and a server buff is neat, though. i really like it. the concept with the fireworks and server buff is good.

i also definitely need to talk about the event dungeon and how that was handled. i think the sentiment of wanting to give strong players something extra is fine, but it definitely could've been handled better. the reaction from the community is evidence of that. instead of creating a whole separate list of items that needed year 2020 coins, i think it would've been better to get rid of the year 2020 coins entirely and make the list of items require candy canes. the bonus that players should've gotten for assault mode was a lot more candy canes, as the previous modes had already been doing, and one or two RNG cubes that have a random, rare event item. for example, after beating assault mode, players get cubes that randomly give them one of the costumes from the crafts or whatever's considered rare. that way, the amount of available crafts would've been increased for everyone, and people who can beat assault mode would've still been rewarded. there's more i want to say about this, but that'll be later in the event crafts section.

suggestions for the event format:

• continue to let items drop in all dungeons. don't change this. it's good
  • keep the consumable box, and change the contents a bit. get rid of rainbow rice cakes since satellite explosion candies are the same thing but better, and consider adding some HP recovery consumables
  • add a little "how to" on the whole thing with the fireworks and event items. i really like this concept, but i was pretty confused at first. a little guide on what to do wouldn't hurt for the newer players.
  • don't keep exclusive rewards for any group of players. instead, give them easier accessibility to harder to get items as a reward. keeping a group of rewards for only one group of players specifically isn't a good idea. instead, it's better to make those rewards available to everyone in order to make the variety in selection better. rather than exclusive rewards, they should be given more opportunities/an easier way to get rarer items.

event crafts

preview of all costumes is linked below.

1x snowman voucher -> 5x candy canes (25 per day per account. total: 125 candy canes per day)

starting off with the voucher for event items thing. every 100 points, you got one voucher, which could be exchanged for five candy canes. i didn't mind the system itself, but there's one thing that bothered me a bit with the entire thing. why is there a limit in all the event stuff? if the goal is to get players invested into the event and get them wanting to grind, a limit seems real counterproductive to all that. i think that, in general, there should be a bigger reward for those willing to put in more time and effort. the limit for getting event items and for crafts in general should be removed for events. there are some exceptions to this, of course. however, i do understand that having no limit also means that the amount of event items needed for crafting must also increase. idk by how much the increase should be as it'd depend on the event item, but that's something to keep in mind.

also, i don't see a reason for making every single item untradable. some items, like the +15 gear booster, yeah that makes sense since people can abuse it with multiple accounts, but everything else? i don't see a reason for it. an event should not only be making the game more lively but also the economy. sure, the new year reward box was tradable, but i'm also thinking about the time period after the event, too. allowing items to be tradable will benefit other players coming into the server or those who weren't able to play as much as they wanted to during the event for whatever reason. event items, in addition to having no crafting limit, should also be freely tradable. with some exceptions. this'll help get the economy more active. 

finally, there's the cost. everyone has talked about this. i'm just beating a dead horse at this point, but i'll say it repeat the point. the credit costs for this event were pretty high for a newer player like me. i personally didn't do much with the crafts. they didn't motivate me much to play. i understand that there was a problem with a bug being exploited for credits, so i can see why the staff would want this event to be a credit sink. i'm hoping that the next event will be a more accurate representation of what an event with normal credit costs looks like. however, if the staff continues to use events as a credit sink, then there should be some crafts with low costs dedicated to those who don't have a lot of credits or simply don't want to spend that much. not that i actually encourage using events as credit sinks. that isn't a good idea. events should be more focused on grinding event items rather than credits. it would've been better for the crafts to have had a higher event item requirement rather than a high credit requirement. i would even go so far to say that some crafts should only cost event items and have no credit cost, namely non-fashion items like consumables, resurrection stones, etc. not saying that some items shouldn't cost a lot of credits. some of them are well-worth the credits. things like fashion should cost more credits since fashion is always the endgame for most players in these type of games. fashion being expensive i can understand. other items, not so much.

i'll be going through each event craft and my thoughts on them. i'll say now though that when it comes to dressing up and all that stuff, i generally don't have much to say about that kind of stuff. i'm more focused on stuff that'll help rather than fashion. also, since i'm relatively new, i don't really know how valuable things are, so i won't know much about pricing. starting off with the first tab of exchanges.

CODE: christmas event I

Spoiler

free items: 1-star snow fall effect, shining red nose, reindeer antlers (each item 1 per character)

these were free and christmas-y. looked nice. i enjoyed them, especially the snow fall effect since it gave some movement speed in hubs. don't got much to say besides that.

200x candy canes + 200m credits -> +15 gear booster (1 per account)

from what i've seen so far, +15 seems to be overkill(?) for most equipment, so this is nice to have. the fact that it's 1 per account is also fine since this is meant to be THE craft of this event. i'm also ok with the high cost in event items and credits. definitely should bring back something like this in future events.

25x candy canes + 10m credits -> 1x enhancement buff ticket (2 per week per account)

from my perspective as a new player who wasn't all that concerned with getting high enhancements like +14 and stuff, i didn't really care for this. however, it does seem very helpful in enhancing. might definitely be worth 10m since i imagine it saves some effort when it comes to enhancing.

5x candy canes + 1m credits -> 5x enhancer vaccine (1 per day per account)

i'm gonna be honest, i'm still not sure what vaccines do. they stop gear from getting a -1 during enhancing? idk. but yeah, seems useful. not much to say about this one. seems like a good deal to get 5 of these for only 1m credits and 5 event items.

10x candy canes + 5m credits -> 10x luck enhancer fuel (1 per day per account)

like the enhancer vaccine, i'm really not sure what this does. it makes the chances of success more likely? this one seems a little more unreasonable than the 5x enhancer vaccines unless these greatly boost the chances of success in enhancement. not sure what to think of these

3x candy canes + 4m credits -> 2x D tuning plug: gear/2x D tuning plug: costume (3 per day per account. total: 6 per day)

tuning seems to be the equivalent of socketing in elsword, at least to my understanding. D tuning plugs seem to increase the chance of getting S and SS rank tunes, so they seem alright. 4m feels a little expensive for them, but i guess getting perfect tunes is endgame stuff. not really sure how to feel about this one.

5x candy canes + 5m credits -> 10x union gear lubricant (1 per day per account)

seems like a good deal when compared to the one in code:fusion, which costs 750k per lubricant iirc. 10 of them from code:fusion costs 7.5m, so you're saving 2.5m from the event. this craft was alright since it saved some money.

5x candy canes + 5m credits -> 1x hyperclocked equalizer (5 per week per account)

these ones seemed pretty useless to me since tuning seems to be something done endgame, and hyperclocked equalizers are for non-endgame gear iirc. it's nice to have, though.

10x candy canes + 10m credits -> 1x alpha equalizer (5 per week per account)

these are the equaliziers i care more about. 10m seems sorta pricy for these. idk how much the market price is usually for these, so i can't really give a solid opinion, unfortunately.

2x candy canes + 5m credits -> chip protector (5 per week per account)

chips also seem to be like tunings in that they're for endgame equipment, although they seem to be a bit more accessible than tunes. definitely cheaper than tunes. 5m feels a little expensive when taking into account how many chips there are per piece of equipment. like the alpha equalizers, i don't know enough about endgame stuff to comment on this.

5x candy canes + 5m credits -> 1x advanced evolution material capsule (1 per day per account)

5m seems a bit expensive for this one. it gives a lot of PNA point things, but those aren't that hard to grind. i guess it's alright for people willing to put in money to skip the grind.

5x candy canes + 500k credits -> 2x perfect PNA evolution kit (1 per day per account)

a pretty good deal imo. PNA evolution kits are nice when trying to upgrade PNA. admittedly, it isn't that useful, but as one of the cheaper crafting items, i found it to be worth it.

1x candy cane + 100k credits -> 2x skill manual (2 per day per character. total: 4 per day per character)

this is the main reason why i didn't just throw away my candy canes. skill manuals are very good since the only other places to get them are from story quests and from code:fusion, and they cost 2.5m per skill manual in code:fusion. very good craft that i wouldn't mind having again. i also do like that they were per character rather than per account like many of the other crafts.

1x candy cane + 3m credits -> 1x transcendence stone preservative (1 per day per account)

i didn't really get into transcending stuff until the end of the event since that's around when i reached purification and started transcending gear, so i didn't get these. iirc, these make it so that transcendence stones don't disappear in the case of a failed transcendence, so these sound really useful. unfortunately, i think these disappear after one use, regardless of whether transcendence succeeds or not. i think if this was increased to more than just 1 per day per account, this would be a better deal. also, if the price was brought down a bit from 3m to 2m or even 1.5m.

3x candy canes + 5m credits -> 1x shape memory device (1 per day per account)

unlike transcendence stone preservatives, i actually got a two or three of these since i had +12'd my puri core and also wanted to keep my tunes. 5m is a little pricey, but i think this one was worth it. wouldn't mind seeing the price reduced ofc, but i like this craft for the most part.

1x candy cane + 100k credits -> 1x combined talisman box (1 day)/1x victory talisman box (1 day)/1x combined talisman: lore/wealth box (1 day) (3 per day per account per item)

the talismans were another reason why i liked the event. these were probably the cheapest item to craft in terms of candy canes and credits, and they're really useful. more crafts like this one would be nice

5x candy canes + 1m credits -> 1x gremory's combined dimensional box (2 per day per account)

honestly, i didn't see a real big point in these. it's probably more of an endgame thing where it's useful for transferring gear between characters. this one seems useful thought and is cheap, so i imagine they were useful to other players.

3x candy canes + 1m credits -> 2x union option skill cube box (1 per day per account)

the skill cubes given here were all very high grade skills, so it seems worth it to get these for min-maxing purposes. of course, there's still RNG involved, but 1m isn't that much. i personally didn't get these since i had more important things to spend my credits on.

25x candy canes + 50m credits -> 1x dual platinum chip random box (2 per week per account)

chips, like tunings, seem to be more of an endgame thing, so i didn't bother with this. also, 50m is a pretty large amount of credits, adding to me not wanting to get these. platinum chips are the best chips iirc, so maybe worth? idk.

25x candy canes + 50m credits -> 1x random rare accessory box (1 per week per account)

i don't really bother with accessories and fashion stuff in general. didn't really care for this. from what i saw though, all the accessories in this box seemed to actually be rare(?) accessories. maybe worth the price.

15x candy canes + 10m credits -> 1x elite status (15 days) (3 per week per account)

elite status is pretty nice, especially when you could just use six of these at once to get platinum status. 60m is a hefty price to pay, but platinum status seems really worth getting. i didn't get this since i needed to save credits for more important stuff, but this one seems like a pretty good deal.

15x candy canes + 20m credits -> 1x maid service voucher (15 days)/1x gardening voucher (15 days) (1 per week per account per item)

i got one maid service voucher and one gardening voucher for free in one of the quests, and i gotta say that i like them. they really do speed up expeditions and gardening. is it worth 20m though? idk. it might be. these two crafts i'm not too sure about, but at the very least, i'm not gonna say that this is a complete waste of a craft.

30x candy canes + 20m credits -> 1x winter event's friend archive (1 per day per account)

there was some pet here based on what i've heard from others. i also heard that the pet wasn't very good, so probably not worth it? idk since i wasn't able to get it for myself. probably not worth 20m just based on what i heard.

10x candy canes + 5m credits -> 1x decorated tree/1x snowman/1x christmas tree set/1x sled tub (1 per week per account per item)

customization stuff for the room thing. 5m seems a bit pricey for room customization. idk though since i don't really care about it.

10x candy canes + 5m credits -> 1x christmas tree seed (1 per day per account)

i don't recall what items the christmas tree seed gives, so i can't really say whether this one is a good deal or not. seeds either seem to give really good items or just meh items. i think this one might've been worth it? idk. regardless, i didn't get it since 5m was a bit too much for me.

2x candy canes + 100k credits -> 1x christmas consumable box (1 random item: christmas cake, fresh green tea shaved ice, frozen sweet potato, scavenger steamed bun, hot chocolate, holiday cookie, holiday chicken soup, black lambs cookie, wolf dogs cookie, wildhuter cookie)

i wouldn't have minded this one if it wasn't for the fact that one consumable box was 100k. it definitely doesn't seem like a lot, but the price definitely adds up. this item would be a good idea if it costed only event items with a low or even no credit cost.

25x candy canes + 20m credits -> 1x effect fusion fiber (3 per week per account)

15x candy canes + 5m credits -> 6 different visual frame tickets (1 per event per account for each frame)

15x candy canes + 5m credits -> 5 different titles (1 per event per account for each title)

the above three items are all about customization, so i have no opinion on them.

CODE: christmas event II

Spoiler

5x candy canes + 3m credits -> 1x icicle weapon skin (all characters) (1 per week per account per item)

this one seemed pretty reasonable. i didn't personally care for the skin, but 3m is a good price for it.

15x candy canes + 5m credits -> 1x red santa outfit (red santa hat + red santa boots + red santa mittens)/1x xmas package A (red holiday hat + red holiday coat + red holiday oxfords)/1x xmas package B (red holiday hat + red holiday coat + red holiday brogues) (1 per day per account per item)

despite me saying i don't care about fashion, i actually did get one of these for my seha because i liked the jacket. 5m seemed like a reasonable price for 3 costume pieces, so not complaining too much.

75x candy canes + 50m credits -> 1x hot spring set 2-star (hot spring hair + hot spring chest + hot spring legs + hot spring clouds + hot spring steam clouds) (1 per week per account)

i have no clue why this was so expensive. was it because the costume is 2-star? or because of the fanservice? idk. but yeah, seemed pricey. there might be a reason for it though that i'm not getting.

50x candy canes + 50m credits -> 1x full moon hanbok (full moon weapon + full moon braid + full moon magoja + full moon baji + full moon shoes + full moon wristband)/1x crescent moon hanbok (same parts as full moon hanbok)/1x new moon hanbok (same parts as full moon hanbok) (1 per week per account per item)

50m credits seems real pricey for this. this could probably be lowered to 25m-30m.

5x candy canes + 1m credits -> 1x christmas gamble box (1 random accessory: happy snowman mask, sleepy snowman mask, 1-star reindeer antlers, alarune's ice crown, bunny bun hat, antler hair accessory, terrorist mask, purged empress cocoon's symbol, toy guitar, G-STAR floating star, christmas tree hair accessory, wolfgang's gold monocle, wolfgang's silver monocle, 1-star snowflake tattoo, christmas earmuffs, waterdrop earrings, white beard, van dyke beard, christmas candy cane, christmas gift bundle, white lamb arm-hugger, toy gun, christmas bell accessory, snow fox anklet)

accessories seemed sorta meh, but it's a gamble box that only costs 1m. i didn't expect much. no real opinion on this.

10x candy canes + 5m credits -> 1x hot spring blush (1 per day per account)

10x candy canes + 5m credits -> 1x royal winter phase wings A/B/C (1 per day per account per item)

10x candy canes + 5m credits -> 1x otherworldly snowflake cape/1x daybreak phase wings/1x reding force force/1x christmas snow eye/1x hot spring quick eye (1 per day per account per item)

the above three crafts i don't have much to say. they all seemed fine.

25x candy canes + 30m credits -> 1x winter's snow costume box (winter snow hat + winter snow haircut + winter snow jacket + winter snow denims + winter snow boots + winter snow gloves)/1x winter's day costume box (same parts as winter's snow costume box)/1x winter's storm costume box (same parts as winter's snow costume box) (1 per day per account per item)

this one is a much more reasonable price compared to the ones that costed 50m above. once again though, idk if there was some reason the other ones were priced at 50m while this one was only 30m.

CODE: new years event

for this tab, crafting these items require year 2020 coins. if i'm understanding correctly, players could only get 1 year 2020 coin per day from completing assault mode in the event dungeon, which was a challenge due to seha literally oneshotting everyone. idk if challenge is really the right word, but assault mode was basically for the stronger players. the staff team made this mode to reward veteran players for having played for a long time, which i can understand. however, i already went over my thoughts on this in the last paragraph of the event format section. basically, i don't think this was a good idea.

also, the fact that people only got 1 coin a day meant that at most, players could only get a maximum of 21 coins, assuming that they beat assault mode every day and that there were no disconnections. this meant that it wasn't possible to craft everything on the list. the staff intentionally designed it so that players couldn't get every item, which i very much disagree with. since these items are probably only gonna show up in this event and won't show up again for at least another year or more, there should be the opportunity for players to craft each item. not only that, they should have the opportunity to craft all event items more than once so that they can be sold later to players who weren't playing during the event. let players craft items more than once so that players who missed the event have a chance to get these items. however, if i'm wrong and these items will show up in future events more frequently than once a year, then i'm not as opposed to its design. i still don't like it, but i won't dislike it as much.

Spoiler

1x year 2020 coin -> 5x candy canes

i don't think anyone used their year 2020 coins on this craft since it'd be a complete waste to do so. using one of those coins for a mere 5 candy canes isn't a good idea at all. at the very least, the amount of candy canes should've been increased to something like 50x rather than 5x since year 2020 coins are incredibly valuable.

1x year 2020 coin -> 1x bladed dragon horn [EX type]/1x bladed dragon wing [EX type]/1x bladed dragon shoulder [EX type]/1x bladed dragon waist [EX type] (1 per week per account per item)

2x year 2020 coins -> 1x custom parts: disco ball-fever time (1 per week per account)

2x year 2020 coins -> 1x outdoor hot spring/1x wooden tub (1 per week per account per item)

3x year 2020 coins -> 1x emote ticket: teatime/1x bath emote ticket (1 per week per account per item)

5x year 2020 coins -> 1x night raid phase wings/1x fruit of the green wind wings/1x giant's star light (1 per week per account per item)

6x year 2020 coins -> 1x custom parts: bust a move/1x custom parts: core crash/1x suspect emotion ticket (1 per week per account per item)

7x year 2020 coins -> 1x custom parts: baptism of the king (1 per week per account)

i have literally nothing to say about these. they're all customization stuff. if i really had to say something, then it'd be idk why baptism of the king costs 1 more coin than the custom parts that cost 6x coins.

7x year 2020 coins -> 1x operation zone freepass - sea of pollution (1 per week per account)

alright, this one is interesting. i'll start by saying that i don't think anyone got this. it'd be silly to waste 7 days worth of grinding on an extra entry or two into sea of pollution, an area that isn't even the endgame anymore(? unless it is and i'm just misinformed). however, i do think that there should be more items like this that just cost normal event items. so many endgame dungeons in this game have limited daily entries. it's a lot of wasted potential imo to not have additional entry items be a part of events. for example, having freepasses for endgame dungeons that costed anywhere from 10x-20x candy canes would be good event items. they're definitely worth it and would encourage more grinding during events.

although, i will admit that i'm biased here in that i really don't like the idea of gear progression being restricted behind daily limited entry runs. bonus side dungeons, fine. dungeons that are required to get stronger, not a fan of them being limited.

7x year 2020 coins -> 1x purifier's wrist guards/1x purifier's visor (1 per week per account per item)

and i'm back to having nothing to say. these two are just dressing up.

10x year 2020 coins -> 1x superior D tuning plug: gear/1x superior D tuning plug: costume (1 per week per account per item)

these tuning plugs have a guaranteed chance to give SS tunes. super good at endgame. however, i don't think they're worth 10 days worth of grinding since the tune, while SS ranked, is still randomized. or at least that's what i recall? idk. it'd probably be better for someone else to give their thoughts for this one.

12x year 2020 coins -> 1x 6 sets of white suit box (white suit hair + white suit jacket + white suit jacket and tie + white suit slacks + white suit shoes + white suit gloves) (1 per week per account)

12x year 2020 coins -> 1x sporty closer costume set A/B/C (1 per week per account per item)

back to fashion. nothing to say.

suggestions for event crafts:

• remove the limit for event items and crafting event items. with some exceptions. events should be when players are rewarded for grinding more, so a limit seems very counterproductive. the downside to removing limits though is that the amount of event items needed for crafting will have to go up. and of course, some items should be limited like the +15 gear booster.
  • make event items able to be put up on the black market and tradable. with some exceptions. while the new year reward box was able to be put up on the BM and tradable(? need confirmation for this), that isn't the same as having the event items themselves be tradable and able to be put up on the BM. allowing the event items to be tradable/BMable lets new players who join after the event or players who missed the event get event items after the event has ended. this keeps the economy moving, even after the event has ended.
  • credit costs for crafts should be lowered. alright ngl i really don't feel like summarizing this thing, so just read the third paragraph under the event crafts section.
  • events shouldn't be used as a credit sink if possible. having events act as credit sinks really isn't a good idea since events are part of what makes people want to play the game. sure, credit sinks are needed, but having events be credit sinks will ultimately make people not enjoy the game as much, i imagine.
  • events should be more focused on event items rather than credit when it comes to crafting. similar to the point above, events should be more focused on getting more people running dungeons for items.
  • the year 2020 coin had good intentions but shouldn't be brought back. it's fine to reward players who've been here longer, but it shouldn't be that they get exclusive rewards. this is addressed in the last paragraph of the event format section, so check there if you missed it. in addition to this, the limit of getting 1 year 2020 coin per day and intentionally making it so that not all items could be crafted is a bad idea. see the two paragraphs under the CODE: new years event subsection to see why i believe this.
  • it's a wasted opportunity to not have event items that allow for more runs in dungeons with limited daily entries. allowing people to enter daily dungeons more often at the cost of event items is something that'll definitely increase the amount of players running dungeons.
  • misc. stuff: bring back the +15 gear booster craft in future events, the skill manual craft was nice.

-

after all that, i'm finally done. my overall opinion of this event is that i enjoyed it, but as a new player, i wasn't able to get much out of it. don't get me wrong, the event was still good. it just wasn't the best first impression to have of events in C:C. however, i'm sure that the next event will be better than this one, so i'm waiting until then before i make any final judgements on events in C:C.

20 hours ago, draco123 said:

I'd like to thank you for the detailed and civil feedback about the event.

Hopefully I can explain some of the points you made / mentioned.

We made the currencies seporate because last time we tried to do somewhat of a challenge mode version players complained that they where not able to get everything from the main event crafting because they wheren't as geared. We made a seporate craft list in the hopes to split up the crafts as "extra's" rather than the main event crafts. Because either way you look at it if we didn't add the challenge dungeon these crafts wouldn't even exist in the main event crafts either. So it was to prevent people to loose out on the main event as this was just a small side project that was added for the end game players (which obviously has to have some sort of reward otherwise why bother). As for the 21 coins cap we had some conflicting ideas within the staff because some staff wanted to put xyz items but then other staff didn't like those items and was like "well there isn't really any reason for me to do the dungeon since I don't like xyz items". With adding more than aquirable we hoped to make sure that everyone could atleast 1 item they liked from the New Year dungeon rather than if you do every run you get everything.

As for the Snowman Voucher and its limits this is down to the system being bugged and causing a lot of issues during the Halloween event. You're suppose to be limited by N number of Vouchers a Day/Week and limited to N number of characters that can max it. However, the limiting doesn't reset properly and then if you create new characters and bank share the firework boxes multiple characters can get multiple Candy Canes which not only harmed the players who wanted Top Rank because it would mean they're losing out on score but also giving an Unlimited amount of event tokens after only 2--5 days of hard farming which is not the aim of the event. So putting these daily limits not only helps us moderate how many event tokens can be distributed so the heavy grinders don't get 1000x more items than the people who only get a couple hours a day to play or less. This was also somewhat based on previous event feedback because last time we made an event dungeon that had lots of runs but then people felt obligated to do them all rather than having the choice to do it. It seems to be a constant battle with people wanting the abillity to grind but when given it feel obligated to put the time in and then want it lowered because they cannot. So before every event we calculate the Weekly/Event Duration amount of possible coins a player can get maxing out so that we can price the materials for the crafts around this so that most people should be able to get everything they want from the event (Not relating to the Credit Cost as thats not related to my point).

The main issue with Tradable items was also partnered with the Credit Sink. As I wasn't really someone who wanted the Credit Sink but understood why it was needed I can't really comment on it. But event crafts are not always all Untradable, this event was just a bit more extreme on the matter.

Moving on to your suggestions

20 hours ago, draco123 said:

suggestions for event crafts:

• remove the limit for event items and crafting event items. with some exceptions. events should be when players are rewarded for grinding more, so a limit seems very counterproductive. the downside to removing limits though is that the amount of event items needed for crafting will have to go up. and of course, some items should be limited like the +15 gear booster.
  • make event items able to be put up on the black market and tradable. with some exceptions. while the new year reward box was able to be put up on the BM and tradable(? need confirmation for this), that isn't the same as having the event items themselves be tradable and able to be put up on the BM. allowing the event items to be tradable/BMable lets new players who join after the event or players who missed the event get event items after the event has ended. this keeps the economy moving, even after the event has ended.
  • credit costs for crafts should be lowered. alright ngl i really don't feel like summarizing this thing, so just read the third paragraph under the event crafts section.
  • events shouldn't be used as a credit sink if possible. having events act as credit sinks really isn't a good idea since events are part of what makes people want to play the game. sure, credit sinks are needed, but having events be credit sinks will ultimately make people not enjoy the game as much, i imagine.
  • events should be more focused on event items rather than credit when it comes to crafting. similar to the point above, events should be more focused on getting more people running dungeons for items.
  • the year 2020 coin had good intentions but shouldn't be brought back. it's fine to reward players who've been here longer, but it shouldn't be that they get exclusive rewards. this is addressed in the last paragraph of the event format section, so check there if you missed it. in addition to this, the limit of getting 1 year 2020 coin per day and intentionally making it so that not all items could be crafted is a bad idea. see the two paragraphs under the CODE: new years event subsection to see why i believe this.
  • it's a wasted opportunity to not have event items that allow for more runs in dungeons with limited daily entries. allowing people to enter daily dungeons more often at the cost of event items is something that'll definitely increase the amount of players running dungeons.
  • misc. stuff: bring back the +15 gear booster craft in future events, the skill manual craft was nice.

• People complain when we make the event's grindable because they feel obligated to grind 12 hours a day or they're at a disadvantage so I'm not sure how we can get a good result making it limited or making it grindable to be honest.
  • Event Materials are designed for people to earn by playing and not bought. I feel like this suggestion although good intentions would just make the event pay2win where people who have lots of Credits especially from selling bits would just buy at a high price and buy them all so they don't have to actually play the game. I don't really like the idea of people being able to just buy their way through the event at all but I guess if people really want it then it's what it is.
  • Credit Sink / Already Mentioned / Yeh
  • The problem with Credit Sinks is they need to be temporary and need to have items people want. I get its hard for newer players and such but the other issue is even if we run it seporately we'll get the same response. That its unfair for newer people. So it's really a bind but as discussed in another thread we can look into better methods of getting Credit Sinks done when needed.
  • It usually is, but items should 9/10 have a cost. Our Halloween event was a bit too cheap but usually thats a good base.
  • People complain / feel obligated if you just reward them with more Candy Canes and would cry unfair that xyz person can earn more Candy Canes than them. They where also designed to be bonus rewards that shouldn't really have an impact compared to the main craft list and if we didn't add the challenge mode then they simply just wouldn't be in the event at all. As mentioned above the limit was given so that people had options rather than have 1 - 5 items that maybe they don't want any of them at all.
  • I'm not sure if this is possible but if it is maybe we could look into this as its not a terrible idea.
  • These items mentioned are usually staple items in every event.

I'm greatful for the feedback and hopefully my response has given you our outlook on the event when creating it and some of the reasons behind some of the decisions.

3 hours ago, Soma said:

With adding more than aquirable we hoped to make sure that everyone could atleast 1 item they liked from the New Year dungeon rather than if you do every run you get everything.

Will some of the items have the possibility of returning in another event? Not all of them of course, to keep some sort of seasonal exclusivity (of ones which are appropriate to do so), but the fact that you'll lose out on a fair selection of items is pretty disheartening. I personally wanted a good majority of the selection- if I wanted the route of collecting all the Sporty costumes sets that option is absolutely impossible within the amount of coins available, and they can't be tradable even if I wanted to find other means of getting them. 

I think also having an exchange system using something like candy canes to obtain a minor amount of coins would be a nice idea in supplement to running the challenge dungeon. Give it a weekly cap or something and it'll at least provide some newer players a small chance of obtaining one of the lower end items, but at the same still give incentive to reach endgame to even feasibly run the challenge.

If this crafting format would return then I wouldn't mind the pick and choosing nature of it if I can have some form of assurance of maybe getting them again. So far, a lot of old sets have returned a year later to obtain again from these past event which gives me the option to revisit them if I want to craft them again. For items that aren't particularly linked to the seasons, having them come back sooner than a year would be nice. As this is the first time the format has been introduced, there will have to be more instances over time to establish a pattern.

8 hours ago, XIIIthLight said:

Will some of the items have the possibility of returning in another event? Not all of them of course, to keep some sort of seasonal exclusivity (of ones which are appropriate to do so), but the fact that you'll lose out on a fair selection of items is pretty disheartening. I personally wanted a good majority of the selection- if I wanted the route of collecting all the Sporty costumes sets that option is absolutely impossible within the amount of coins available, and they can't be tradable even if I wanted to find other means of getting them. 

I think also having an exchange system using something like candy canes to obtain a minor amount of coins would be a nice idea in supplement to running the challenge dungeon. Give it a weekly cap or something and it'll at least provide some newer players a small chance of obtaining one of the lower end items, but at the same still give incentive to reach endgame to even feasibly run the challenge.

If this crafting format would return then I wouldn't mind the pick and choosing nature of it if I can have some form of assurance of maybe getting them again. So far, a lot of old sets have returned a year later to obtain again from these past event which gives me the option to revisit them if I want to craft them again. For items that aren't particularly linked to the seasons, having them come back sooner than a year would be nice. As this is the first time the format has been introduced, there will have to be more instances over time to establish a pattern.

If we where to do a similar format then yes there would be a good chance that the items return and maybe have some new ones added.