Clay

useless cooldown

just asking

is it just me or the cooldown reductions stat is just decoration?

i can't even feel the 40% reduction...

also if 40% is the limit, shouldn't it stop increasing?

and yes i know about the soft cap...

i just put the 25% cooldown reduction in pna and got a total of 78 percent cd reduction. and poink... all skills still have that same cooldown...

its alright for seth that have skills that reset the cd of other skills to not have this stat, but what about the others...

anybody feel the reduction or is this stat useless after all?

the cooldowns aren't useless and they work as usual. the effective limit is 40% but it can still be exceeded because we have some buffs in this game that reduces skill cooldown, like some pet buffs

Also teamwork buffs, if you have a high level Seulbi you have a nice cooldown reduction when you play other character

Maybe are you a Misteltein? He has very slow cooldowns by default

23 hours ago, Cultits said:

the cooldowns aren't useless and they work as usual. the effective limit is 40% but it can still be exceeded because we have some buffs in this game that reduces skill cooldown, like some pet buffs

really? they work? i don't see it, all i see is 5 second skill........ having a cd of, wait for it, still 5 seconds... if the 40% really kicks in wouldn't it be 3-4 seconds?

even the stat you receive from the epsilon amplifier from hell give a flat 1 second reduction seems to be useless... doesn't reduce 1 second at all...

i now understand why majority of the players vie for seth... seriously a reset cd does seem awesome now that this stat is just a waste of space.

i think naddic was point blank wasted when they put this stat in.

maybe we missed something, maybe naddic accidentally destroyed the data for cd reduction when nerfing characters?

cause i am not kidding when i say after using all the possible skills my harpy have been resorting to normal attacks and waiting for cd...

even my nata and seha has been reduced to wacking... even nata's reduce cd doesn't work anymore. you know the one when using top and reduce cd of skin slayer and endless pursuit? it doesn't reduce it.

i'm starting to think that adding more characters and nerfing characters messed up the programming of this game.

this happened to elsword and flyff(private server) once too... after they nerfed some chars some stats got buggy. in elsword the 100 critical will still produce non crit hits. and in flyff, attack speed of slayers deal slow dps,

i don't know maybe its just me complaining.

if so, where do i find the proper skill chain for all chars?

i tried and only found a few in the guide section...

the lower the base cooldown, the lower its reduction is. also, i forgot to tell you that some chars have skills that have fixed cooldown, like misteltein's lance auras, seha's burst, etc

Cooldown reduction from Receiver is computed before CDR stat so it's pretty much useless. You might be confusing the current shown CD because that one is already updated based on your current CDR stat. Maybe you haven't tried unequipping every source of CDR?

Edited by Kai🌸Haan

21 hours ago, Kai🌸Haan said:

Cooldown reduction from Receiver is computed before CDR stat so it's pretty much useless. You might be confusing the current shown CD because that one is already updated based on your current CDR stat. Maybe you haven't tried unequipping every source of CDR?

.................................. you know.... your reply explains everything.... so that's why... ah well... guess i'll just focus on damage as usual, im on the right path after all...

back then, when i played closers official my cd was actually reduced, when i equip gear with cd reduc, now they don't... was hoping something different from a private server... and i was just wondering what would happen if i DID reach 100% cd reduc... ahaha... skill spam unli... oh i can just dream... rats... reality hits hard...

Another thing which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet (apologies if someone already did) is that there are certain skills which are unaffected by your CDR stat. For Seth, such skills include: all common skills, Feral Release, and Thoth's Levy.

As for CDR being effective up to 100%, as fun as that may sound the reality is it would undoubtedly break the game. Many skills have a second cooldown counter as part of their skill mechanic, where you can press the skill key again to trigger an additional attack and/or effect. Something like that would be broken, or at least negatively impacted, by 100% CDR. Another thing is that the game already has (or at least had) inherent problems with crashing when MP consumption occurs too quickly, so 100% CDR would end up leading to crashing galore with all the skill spamming. Then there's the point that 100% CDR would lead to people just spamming their strongest skill non-stop, which would remove any element of skill from the game.

As a side note, CDR affects TCP up to 40%. So if you care about TCP to any capacity you'll probably want to invest a bit in that stat. Ideally you should have 40% CDR and CR regardless, but at the end of the day it's up to you how you build.

welp... i think it really doesn't work... i went crazy the other day and tried as much as i can boosting the total to 100% cd reduction...

nope, nothing happened, it really is useless...

AND BEFORE YOU JUDGE, I ALREADY UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE SKILLS THAT ARE NOT AFFECTED BY CD REDUCTION!

so yeah, i tried ALL the skills on ALL my char... nothing...

not yuri, not seha, not seth, not harpy, not nata, not bai........

none of their skills was affected by the cd reduc.

no 40% or 100% i even tried 0% no changes...

their skills never had a single second reduced to it. ALL of the skills

i tried experimenting.

even the epsilon amplifiers from contamination hell that reduces by a fixed number, still nothing.

now i understand why elsword was more famous than code closers. it has definite stats. when they say it caps at 20% it caps at 20% and i can clearly see my 10 sec cd skill become an 8 sec cd skill and my 5 sec cd skill become a 4 sec cd skill...

in closers, my 5 cd skill... is still a 5 cd skill even with a 40% reduction. shouldn't it be 3 seconds? 40% of 5 is 2 so 5-2=3... but nope... still 5 seconds... i checked all the skills of all my characters after the event and heart breakingly found out... the cd reduction is a lie.......

sigh... i had to put back all my PNA and chips...

why put a stat that has completely no effect?

should we at least put a HARD CAP on it and make sure it affects ALL SKILLS?

also, cost reduction seems to be just as worthless... we might as well replace these stats with steal hp and steal mp... much more useful... and hard cap it at 5% or even 2% to prevent being broken.

if closers really wanted to not be broken then just hard cap it...

or am i barking up the wrong tree and complain directly at closers official?

3 minutes ago, Clay said:

Please do not necro threads. A thread that hasn't been replied to in 2 weeks is considered dead.

I'll be locking this up.

(To answer your question: Most things are out of our hands, so something like implementing a hard cap would have to be done by officials.)