Sign in to follow this  
Soma

Memory Leak Issues

Hey guys,

We've been getting a lot of feedback from players that there is an issue with the game in regards to the following error message "not enough free system memory. Terminating Closers...". Although the first call of this issue could be to shout "Memory Leak" and this could be true as this issue does infact stem from a lack of memory it doesn't necessarily say with 100% certainty that this is the cause of this problem (Although I would say it's the most likely cause).

What is a memory leak you may ask? A memory leak is when an object is created and then isn't deleted when removed. So for example say a player enters the map you are in. Your game will create an object of that player that will store all the information about that player that you need to know, an example of this is as simple as their name and what costume they're wearing. Now say that player now leaves the map, your game should then delete all the information about that player it stored because it no longer needs it. However, if your game doesn't delete that information and then forgets about that player then the data that was stored about the player doesn't just vanish into thin air but instead will stay somewhere in your RAM. So that doesn't seem like a massive problem right? But say if you encouter a 100 players then thats 100 times the memory used and that is when it becomes a problem. As the program still has the memory allocated even though it isn't able to access the memory or doesn't choose to access the memory.

Note: This is not me saying that players are causing the memory leak but just an example of what a memory leak actually is so that you can be smart about it and understand what we're dealing with here.

Now the problem may sound simple when put like that but in reality the problem could be anywhere. Saying that its like finding a needle in a haystack is for sure an understatement. It's one of the biggest issues and easiest issues to have so I do not blame anyone who may have caused it.

I do not believe this issue is new with this patch as many people have been getting this issue for a long time but it does seem to be getting worse with every update. This is likely down to the game consuming more RAM due to having a bigger file map and more data from the data files stored in memory. This also doesn't rule out the fact that what every is leaking memory could be getting bigger too so inturn the amount of memory leaked per leaked object is bigger.

So what can you do to help? Well we need a couple bits of information from you guys who are experiencing this issue by providing us with the following information:

• Operating System...
  • Hard drive type (SDD or HDD)... Be specific if it's your main hard drive or a secondary hard drive...
  • Amount of RAM...
  • Every step from opening the game till the crash... I don't need to know if you walked left or right in Busan but rather what character did you log into one dungeons your did what maps you visited what actions you did (like craftings and such)... The more information the more helpful.

I'm not going to sit here and promise you this WILL be fixed and WHEN it will be fixed. But I want to promise you that we're trying to fix it. I would also like to state if you cannot provide the above information to please only comment when you can (Especially in relation to the 4th bullet point). We need information to help and if the information is too vague then it might hinder rather than help. Thank you for taking your time to read this and thank you for any information provided.

Posts that are unrelated to this issue or are too vague will be hidden to help improve clarity of the post. I hope that you understand this and if you can provide more information it doesn't stop you from posting again when you have the information.

So should we post it here? 
if so then:

at first i got a different error "error has been detected, please send dump files" tho i fixed it by following the steps in the guideline. 

then the error with "not enough free system memory" appeared...

Operating system: windows 10

hard drive type: SSD (Main Drive)

amount of RAM: 8GB

step from opening till crash: Everything is perfect until I do more than 2 runs of Party. Basically 2-4 Members and 1-2 runs its ok and then it crashes. sometimes I am unlucky and it crashes right at the first party run. 

It happens like this:

I log in as luna, I ask on mega if someone wants to go do hell + of(surface, always surface). then I am waiting like 10 minutes before starting, then I put my stuff in my bank which is like 15 mins after (so 25 mins in total atm) then I switch to Seth do ~ same thing and get a crash when loading screen is up, mine is at 100% waiting for others and then  i crash. 

Okay, I re-log then do mega again on seth, asking for hell + of. getting party in like 5~10 mins. then I start OF and all is good, after 4-6 mins I start hell and it is still okay.

good, I am putting my stuff into the bank then I switch to mirae. asking on mega if someone wants to do hell + of, which is about 15 mins after I was done with seth's last hell run.

getting party, mostly containing mirae, chulsoo, bai, tina, soma, harpy. sometimes it is with a luna, seha, nata or levia. 

starting OF on mirae and getting crash again at the loading screen. 

this happened when trying to do magra battle: 

I sometimes do BB normal runs with mirae. 3 daily runs, then after about afk'ing and normal runs ~20-30mins I ask on mega if someone wants to do magra battle. Am getting party at about 10 mins later. I was with 2 mirae and 1 tina in it, got a crash after the challenge run and again, at the loading screen, when trying to do co-op. 

most disconnects I have are with parties with mirae or chulsoo. most of the time im at channel 10, sometimes channel 11.

I hope this is enough >.< 

Edited by Xely

9 minutes ago, Xely said:

So should we post it here? 
if so then:

at first i got a different error "error has been detected, please send dump files" tho i fixed it by following the steps in the guideline. 

then the error with "not enough free system memory" appeared...

Operating system: windows 10

hard drive type: SDD

amount of RAM: 8GB

step from opening till crash: Everything is perfect until I do more than 2 runs of Party. Basically 2-4 Members and 1-2 runs its ok and then it crashes. sometimes I am unlucky and it crashes right at the first party run. 

Not even inside of it but at the loading screen, always crashes at the loading screen

Yes, posting here is fine. But as Soma mentioned, please DO NOT be vague with your posts.

What sector were you cleaing, what characters were you partying with, who were you partying with, what channel were you on? EVERY bit of information is important, even if you think it may be useless.

So please go back and fully edit your post with all relevant and up to date information of a most recent crash so we can properly look into it.

We will be hiding posts for thread clarity if they cannot give us full and proper information as requested.

Thank you!

Operating System: Windows 10
Hard Drive: SSD ( Main drive ) 
Amount of ram : 16GB / 3200Mhz

Steps till crash: I log in , do a few runs on different raids/sectors (5 or so) and then Disconnect with that error. I mostly see it appear when im playing on Mirae and it has appeared a few times while im playing Violet as well.
For Both chars I'm usually around the sectors/area of Puri , Busan , BB area or Planar Gate. I've noticed that it does crash on all 4 of those quite frequently. I haven't seen it crash on Union HQ with that error yet. 
If I'm in a party it'll usually be with a Harpy or a Wolfgang but the crashes happen regardless of whether I'm in a squad or not. 

I either crash at the start of the loading screen or when i exit a sector.

More specific example:
No.1:

-Logs in after DC on BBv2 Veins
-Finishes BBv2/Does Core as Mirae ( with a wolfgang , noname , bai in the squad )
-Afks for a bit on bb hub
-Goes to busan
-Gets in a party with a wolfgang
-Does 1 run of misook
-On the 2nd run wolfgang gets dc , so i solo as mirae
-Wolfgang comes back 
-Gets in pt and does 1 run of untouchable
-I get dc on the loading screen of 2nd run. 

No.2:
-Gets back online after DC on run 2 of Untouchable.
-Gets in squad with a Wolfgang and does run 2.
-Does Untouchable's training program in a squad with the Wolfgang.
-Leaves squad
-Runs some EP 31. Assaults of Mirae's Busan's Story ( Assaults of sector 1,2,4 )
-Gets back in squad with Wolfgang
-Does misook's training program
-Swaps to violet and moves to Dimensional Ops
-Starts running Tiamat
-Finishes 6/6 runs of Tiamat and moves to Dream Theater
-Runs Stage For Magra: Challenge
-Runs 2 times Stage For Magra: Co-op
-Swaps back to Mirae
-Does Hell
-Goes to Planar Gate 
-Starts Advanced Gremory as squad and crashes on loading screen
(All the above in the span of 30-45 mins or so) 

Edited by VioletHime

Something to keep in mind:

It'd be more helpful to anticipate a crash and start tracking things as soon as you log in rather then just general, "I do this typically".

We are asking for a full step by step of someone's game play prior to a crash, so for example:

Login my Mirae named: Mirae

Cleared Puri Gate 2 times solo

Cleared BBv2 with: Character1, Character2, Character3 in party

Afk'd in Union Camp for ~30 minutes

Crafted NPC Costume Set on character: Mirae

Cleared Scrap Iron Processing Plant: Day Difficulty: Patrol

Changed character to named: Harpy

Crashed, Please send dump file error

Logged back in

Rolled Domestic Gacha

Claimed Domestic Gacha items

Crashed, Memory Leak error

Generalization of gameplay and toned down versions of events do not help when this problem could be the tinest thing imaginable.

As Soma said, we do not need to know that you moved left in Busan, but we do need to know ALL dungeons you did, ALL characters you used, ALL characters you partied with, etc etc.

Windows 10, main HDD, 8GB RAM 3.70 GHz
Character on which I logged: Mirae
IGN: Minos

Cleared OF/Hell in group with Chulsoo (OF Surface)
Afking in Purification Ops Center, sending 2-3 megas
Switching from channel 11 to 15
Trading other player (Mirae) for HK Gacha gloves
Switching from channel 15 to 11
Going to Planar Gate to check out Black Market (taking sold items from BM)
Going to Reverse Theater
Afking for few minutes (5-15)
Then clearing Subjugation Program: Irina x4
Going back to area, afk 5 min
Cleaning Tiamat's Abyss (very hard) x6 (recording videos with GeForce program)
Then going back to area, close to bank
Checking Character Customization (poses in hub). Switching them few times
Checking effects, before clicking on Shining Star effect to check it, crash, dump files error

PS. I often switch costumes and scroll closer to a character for screens, but I cannot tell how long it takes and how many times I do it

Edited by Minos

• Operating System : Windows 10
  • Hard drive type : HDD (main)
  • Amount of RAM : 8GB

How it happened..?

• For me.. it happened everytime when I'm in the middle of loading or entering to dungeon, not alone though, always happened everytime when I party.
  • It starts with a sudden error and then a "Please wait..." will come out. Later on an "Error has been detected, please send dump files" appeared. It looks like this, (sorry for the bad photo, I took it from my phone). After that I can't do anything else except pressing the enter key, and theeen I got disconnected, more like a force close tho. I restart the launcher and re-login, and it's fine, but later on it will start that dump files again, etc. I already tried to diagnose, and it still appeared.

As for this photo I took, here's the history..

• I already login for quite a long time, and I changed characters a few time, from Yuri to Mirae, and some other characters... (I'm taking some materials from other characters). After that I did some dungeon run with my bf. I'm using Yuri here and it's still fine before. After that we decide to run a crew dungeon, it's in the first run, still fresh 3/3. After that suddenly an error appeared, and continued with the please wait thing, and the send dump files. The detail is in the How it happened..? thing, and here I'm just gonna list down the area I visit and the dungeon I run before. Since this happened 2 days ago, so I still remembered it :pleased:
  • Before that, I'm sorry, I forgot which character I login at first, but I think it's Yuri. I login in channel 12.
  • The area I visit is most probably Reverse Theater, the normal Theater, Purification Ops, the Scrap Iron (Rattus' start area) and Gangnam. I went in and out the Circle Hideout a few times. For the crew dungeon and buffs. It crashed when I'm inside the crew dungeon stage 2. Before I did the crew dungeon stage 2, I did some Beelzebub Boss with my crewmates. I finished the BB Boss until limit. Then, I went to Purification Ops only to open the full craft list of CODE:Fusion, and I went to the normal theater to check out Magra, and yes, I did some Magra dungeon. I did the Solo Magra, and the Challenge with my bf again, the data of the characters are at the When I'm partying thing.
    For the proper time when did I enter this one or that one, it should be: BB Boss > Magra > Crew Dungeon S2. I did all of them using Yuri.
    The one that visited the Purification Ops area and above is, of course, only Yuri, because she's the only max level at this moment.
    Scrap Iron is for Mirae, and Gangnam is for Violet and Tina, still at their starting area.

Info for the Character's and Account

• My account name: Seisera
  • Nicknames:
    Yuri = Clerescia
    Mirae = Herschel
    Violet = Christle
    Tina = Anelace
  • Crew name : SPLASH
    (I'm writing this since, it crashed when I'm inside a Circle Dungeon)
  • What I craft and buy
    No, sorry, I don't remember any of this.
    But I do remember I bought some Fly King's Wish ticket for Beelzebub Boss from the Order Shop.

When I'm partying

• All I remember is when I did the crew dungeon.
    The situation is, I'm using Yuri, and the party mate is my bf, he's using Chulsoo and the nickname is Helixius (you can see it from the photo).
  • Yes, I crashed, but my party mates did not got disconnected neither they crash.
  • I don't remember who I party with when I did the BB Boss, but I think the characters are Seha, Bai, and Mirae. All from the same crew as me.
    Oh we did have some problems here, we got disconnected like chaining, I got disconnetec and then the Mirae was also disconnected after me, and when I login again, the Bai and Seha was still online, I think the Bai afk'ed for a while, I got invited by the Seha again too continue our party, and suddenly the Bai disconnected and he's not online again. This happened after the first run, from BB Boss Hands.

When I logged back in

• No, I didn't get any error such as not enough memory system, I logged out manually too, not from disconnected.
Spoiler

WhatsApp_Image_2020-03-25_at_22.59.11.jp

That's all I remembered when the crash happened. I hope this helps :happyLev:

Edited by Seisera
Gonna need to edit some things, since I read what Harpy's written late

36 minutes ago, Harpy said:

Yes, posting here is fine. But as Soma mentioned, please DO NOT be vague with your posts.

What sector were you cleaing, what characters were you partying with, who were you partying with, what channel were you on? EVERY bit of information is important, even if you think it may be useless.

So please go back and fully edit your post with all relevant and up to date information of a most recent crash so we can properly look into it.

We will be hiding posts for thread clarity if they cannot give us full and proper information as requested.

Thank you!

I edited my post, just to let you guys know. please tell me if something is sitll missing and maybe delete this post afterwards cuz it might take up space

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • Hard Drive type: I have both SSD and HDD, but Closers is on my HDD, which is my secondary drive I believe? Since the OS is installed on the SSD.
  • 16GB RAM.

Logged in in Crew HQ with Seulbi (IGN Wilk) in ch6 and payed for the buff. 
Went to start some Exploration and do Gardening.
Went to Puri. Dismantled some stuff. Checked the BM.
Switched to Seha (IGN Heathcliff) and went from Dream Theatre to PG and run Nightmare Altar Stage 5 solo x9. 
Got the Extreme Fighter Buff (PG Buff). Dismantled again.
Switched to Bai (IGN Parion). Went from PG to Puri.
Run Tindalos Lv.6 x2. Harpas Lv.6 x2. Nitocris Lv.6 x2. All solo. Dismantled.
Went to Dream Theatre Reverse. Afk for 20 mins.
The following runs are all in duo with xYoruichi (char Yuri) if I don't state otherwise.
Cleared Tiamat's Abyss Assault x6.
Switched back to Seulbi. Cleared Hell.
Went to Dream Theatre Reverse. Changed my triggers from Red Trascended Set to Blue Set. Activated the triggers.
Run WG Overclock x2. HM Overclock x2. Bearland x1. Advanced Central Laboratory x1. Abyssal Throne x3. 
Run Fly King's Back Assault x1, Hands Assault x1, Vessels Assault x1. Used Plum Soda x1 to refill Fatigue. Dismantled.
Went to Busan.
Run Misook x2, Untouchable x2, Misook Training Program x1, Untouchable Training Program x1. Dismantled.
Went to UC. Completed one Exploration. As soon as I got the reward
Not enough free system memory. Terminating Closers...
UnexpectedHandler
Crash

I sold some statues every now and then after some dungeons, but I didn't keep track of when, which and how many I sold.

Additional info: This has happened to me a few times in the last days, but almost everyday when I start doing my divine battle runs, within the first runs I get the send the dump file error. I'll try again tomorrow and if I get this error again I will update this message with what I did.

Edit:

Logged in in Dream Theatre Reverse in ch6 with Seulbi (IGN Wilk). Went to Puri. Crafted the 2 April Fools Armband.
Went to Dream Theatre. Run Stage for Dogra: Challenge x1 Party: xYoruichi (Yuri), Keishi (Tina), Skalli (Tein). Paid for donation.
Switched to Seha (IGN Heathcliff). From PG to Puri to Dream Theatre. Paid for donation. Run Stage for Dogra: Co-Op Party: Basizia (Tina), KuchikiRukia (Bai), Patsry (Bai) x2.
Switched to Bai (IGN Parion). From Reverse to Dream Theatre. Paid for donation. Run Stage for Dogra: Co-op Party: Keishi (Tina), xMiyamura (Seha), Yorui (Violet). Went out and run again with the same team.
Switched to Seulbi in UC. The event window appeared but it was completely white. Tried to change char.
Please Wait...
An Error has been detected. Please Send Dump File.
Crash.

I logged back but in the middle I dc'ed because my connection died so I wasn't able to get the error another time during my Divine Battle runs.

Edit 2:

I just got the pinnacle of all Memory leak issues.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Both at the same moment.

Wasn't keeping track of everything I was doing so I'll just try and tell most of what I did. Wasn't much since all I did was running Divine Battle.

Spoiler

Logged in ch6 Dream Theatre with Tina (IGN Licca). Run Stage for Dogra: Co-Op x3.
Switched to Seulbi (IGN Wilk) and put 10 Warp Fragment in the shared bank.
Switched to Luna (IGN Lisha). Went from Dream Theatre to Dimensional Ops Center and crafted Special Ops Support (1-Day) after taking out the 10 warp fragment. Run Stage for Dogra: Co-Op x3.
Switched to Seulbi. Run Stage for Dogra: Co-Op x3.
Switched to Violet (IGN Seylum). Run Stage for Dogra: Co-Op x2.
Switched to Yuri (IGN Sasamiya). Run Stage for Dogra: Co-Op x2.
Switched to Bai (IGN Parion). Now, I don't remember if it was at the start of the first or the second run, but here I get the errors. The dungeon is always Stage for Dogra: Co-Op.

All runs were in parties of 4, but since after each run we changed parties I can't remember how they looked like. As you can read, thought, the only thing I did was running several times Divine Battle, while changing parties after each run

Edited by Kazuto

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • Hard Drive type: SSD Main, HDD Secondary (C:C is in secondary)
  • 16GB RAM.

Mostly happens to me when I'mdoing Divine Battle Runs with crew mates
    Case 1
    >Logs In, Starts at Fantasy World: Dream Theatre
    >Runs Stage of Magra: Challenge and clears it
    >Changes Character to run Stage of Magra: Co-op
    >Memory Leak

Case 2
    >Logs back in, Starts at Fantasy World: Dream Theatre
    >Runs Stage of Magra: Co-op twice
    >Changes Characters
    >Runs Stage of Magra: Co-op twice again
    >Changes Character
    >Tries to run stage of magra: co-op
    >Memory leak
    (Mostly happens after every 4~6 runs)

Edit: We always run with 4-man squad
Edited by Kaipin

Hard drive type: HDD (main)
RAM: 8gb

i did marathon run within 3 hours, 2 times leak

Spoiler

case 1:
- login to nata
- do housing and gardening
- going to crew room taking buff
- return to hub on busan
- switch to noname
- waiting on hub dream theater for around 5 mins
- partying with 2 nonames, seha, and mirae
- doing busan dungeons, battle program untouchable 2times, and misook 2times
- return to hub
- doing training program busan with the same party, untouchable once, and misook once
- return to hub again
- doing tiamat abyss with the same party, 6 runs, then return to hub again
- switch to seha
- partying with 2 sehas, soma, and bai
- doing busan dungeons, battle program untouchable 2times, and misook 2times
- return to hub
- switch to nata, waiting on hub around 10mins
- partying with 2 natas, bai, and seth
- doing busan dungeons, battle program untouchable 2times
- return to hub - loading on battle program misook, then memory leak
login duration until leak : 1hour 28mins

case 2, the continuation:
- login back to nata, waiting on hub for around 5 mins
- doing battle program misook once with the same party
- return to hub
- switch to noname, waiting on hub for around 5 mins
- partying with 2 nonames, seth, and mistel
- doing magra co-op dungeons 2 times, then return to hub
- switch to tina
- partying with 2 bais, tina, seha
- doing magra co-op dungeons 2 times, then return to hub
- switch to violet, waiting on hub for around 5 mins
- partying with violet, bai, wolfgang, levia
- switch to bai, waiting on hub for around 10 mins
- switch to nata, current hub is at Busan
- doing zhang meisha [final] dungeon, then return to hub
- moving to dream theater reverse
- doing team challenge tier 4 once, then return to hub
- switch to bai again
- partying with bai, nata, luna, and wolfgang
- switch to wolfgang, current hub is at dimensional ops center
- moving to dream theater
- partying with wolfgang, mistel, and yuri
- switch to seha
- partying with seha, seth, and levia
- memory leak during loading magra co-op
login duration until the second leak: 1hour 23mins

Hard drive type: C:C installed in HDD (secondary)

RAM: 16gb

Case 1

Steps:

-Logged in with luna (which already stay at busan)

-Changing channels

-AFK for about 15 mins

-Changing channels

-2x Cleared battle program: untouchable with Tina, Seha, Bai

-2x Cleared battle program: jang mi sook with same party

-Cleared training program: dusk to dawn with same party

-Crashed on training program: busan of chaos loading screen when partying with same party (please send dump error)

Case 2

Steps:

-Logged in with noname (stay at hunter's night)

-Changing character to luna (stay at busan)

-Travel to purification ops center

-Changing channels

-Cleared contamination hell: overflowed [reverse] with Yuri, Chulsoo, Mirae

-Crashed on contamination hell loading screen when partying with Yuri and Chulsoo (not enough free system memory)

Updated with another recent cases

Edited by Silv

Hard Drive type;installed at HDD secondary

Ram:4gb

STEPS: of i do a big dungeon like purif dungeon,Busan,divine battle it's only need 2-4 Times to play dungeon and got memory leak

If i do small one like:abyss,PG Raid,Irina

Times 5-6 Times play the Dungeon and got memory leak

Well this dungeon all of then i do solo

Well i got this problem from long ago

But not everytime

But after this update well got it every time

Log as seha

Every 2x Times playing story at rattus team

Edited by Yutaza

16GB RAM (though strangely enough, C:C usually dies before even reaching half my RAM)
HDD, main

crashed a bunch of times, will only describe the last one because it was the shortest time the game worked so something is very likely to be there. also too lazy to describe a whole day of C:C

i crashed as i was leaving untouch, (one of my teammates also crashed like ten seconds earlier), relogged onto my vio, waited a bit in busan before the other teammate relogged too, rejoined the squad (containing a WG, bai and mirae) with F3, done the last untouch run, done misook, chatted a bit, left the pty, discarded some resu stones, used some malek boxes and instant cash items, refilled triggers, used the tickets that give you one more run of each, did one run of solo misook and untouch, went to my garden, saw white bars as a predecesor for crash, collected and planted 4 slots of mandragoras, tried to go back to busan, crashed before load screen

considering i crashed twice in a row with the same team comp id assume it would be something to do with the characters, prolly mirae cuz she new

I thank everyone for your responses here and we've found some area's of improvements than can be made but ultimately this is down to the client just requiring too much memory. The 64bit update that Naddic did has provided a bandaide to the client and is having a notable effect on performance. We cannot say when we'll get this update but once we have news about it we will let you know. We are in the mean time looking for minor area's of improvement to try and fix the issues with the game but just remember it's basically just me working on this and the event and the custom content. So just try to have a small bit of understanding that I'm a human and not a robot 😁

@Chang Please read the original topic before posting a reply, specifically this part:

"Posts that are unrelated to this issue or are too vague will be hidden to help improve clarity of the post."

I ask that you stop posting meaningless replies as I've had to hide three of them by this point, and only respond if you have something that meets the required criteria.

System Specs:

• Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise build 2004
  • Storage: Primary(OS) SSD, Secondary(GAME) SSD
  • RAM: 64GB

Steps: Applied for every maps

1. Log in with any character
  2. Following channel to other player on network chat (1 to 2 times)
  3. Play any maps (Co-op/Single)
  4. Game crashed (Out of memory)

Side Notes: I've noticed that if I'm switching channel using menu, the risk of crashing the game is reduced, most of my memory leaks happened when running purification dungeon (as far as I can confirm)

5 hours ago, lotusk9 said:
  1. Following channel to other player on network chat (1 to 2 times)
  2. Play any maps (Co-op/Single)

Specify these parts. Explain exactly what channels you moved from and to and exactly what dungeons you did before the crash.