Moe

1x40 Enter Your Nightmare Discussion Thread

o3npybJ.png

Salutation, Agents!

Welcome to the 1x40 Enter Your Nightmare Discussion Thread!
For the latest update viewable here: 

Spoiler

- Bearland - Nightmare has been added to the game!
- Bearland - Hallucination has been added to the game!
- New PNA is now available from Bearland - Nightmare!
- Translations have had a massive overhaul (and are still in progress by @Nata)

- Gacha Rotation Marching Band is now available!
- Gacha Rotation Ocean Romance is now available!

Here's our Gacha Preview Thread for Marching Band & Ocean Romance! 

What do you like about this update?

What do you not like about this update?

What custom content would you be interested in seeing in future updates?

If you find any bugs please report it HERE

Thank you for your feedback!

I really liked the idea of this new gremory dungeon, but considering some of the characters lacking i frames/burst/healing abilities etc i would like you devs to consider adding extra options to wave 7 (it would be better if it was like it's original where you run/perfect dodge the bear and trying to hit other grem bears to advanced one/or like the base gremoy boss where you run for the random appearing puppet thingies for gremory to hit them and get stunned) *also there is no bank/shop npc on the end of the dungeon, i know it's a minor thing but i just wanted to point that out*

Edited by Lasy

17 minutes ago, Lasy said:

I really liked the idea of this new gremory dungeon, but considering some of the characters lacking i frames/burst/healing abilities etc i would like you devs to consider adding extra options to wave 7 (it would be better if it was like it's original where you run/perfect dodge the bear and trying to hit other grem bears to advanced one/or like the base gremoy boss where you run for the random appearing puppet thingies for gremory to hit them and get stunned) *also there is no bank/shop npc on the end of the dungeon, i know it's a minor thing but i just wanted to point that out*

Yeah it is something we could consider.
Regarding the bank thing, it has been noted in our bug fixes list. So please be patient for it fixs.

all's good and fine...

new dungeon, good enough...

new costume, fabulous...

new translations, fantastic job!

but man... new materials to craft new items? bad, veeeery bad, very veeeeery bad...

old materials must be used to craft new items. old materials man, they must be considered, especially when you do dungeons for dailies and you get those old mats.

bear land pass is an example. after we complete our pna build, what're we gonna use it for, aside from being a garbage in our inventory?

after we complete our NEW pna build using the NEW materials, what are they gonna do, in our inventories? aside from stacking and clogging with the old materials?

can we please consider the old materials first before adding in new materials? its just gonna make the system produce more errors if we have too many NEW things.

this is the reason why i only play with c:c for less than 2 hours, just to do the dailies, and the rest of my game time is spent on Dreamer RO. they use even the most useless old materials to exchange for better materials and then use them to even get more materials, all of them, old materials but the Dreamer RO devs managed to recycle them.

my inventory don't have useless stuffs, yo! and it don't clog either!

the only thing c:c has over other private server games is the god awesome graphics... everything else here is subpar... sorry for the rant

1 hour ago, Clay said:

but man... new materials to craft new items? bad, veeeery bad, very veeeeery bad..

Would be pretty pointless though to bring out a new content but people who have been grinding dailys for the past few months don't even really need to enter. I agree old materials should have some sort of burner use but new content should have lots of new stuff to work for that everyone starts on an even footing for. Otherwise you just end up with some content that some people don't even touch or barely touch and its just a waste of time for everyone involved in creating it right?

My only issue with the dungeon is that the final wave has too much health.
The 2 "bosses" don't really do much damage so it's just kinda a time sink and rather boring.
Other than that the dungeon is pretty well made for endgame players. Would not recommend newer players to do it though lol not that it's meant for them anyway.
also lol mirae's passive is useless in this dungeon.

Edited by Insertnamehere999

Thank you for the feedback. There is still room for changes so we can definitely consider making stage 10 more interesting for players.

17 minutes ago, Insertnamehere999 said:

My only issue with the dungeon is that the final wave has too much health.
The 2 "bosses" don't really do much damage so it's just kinda a time sink and rather boring.
Other than that the dungeon is pretty well made for endgame players. Would not recommend newer players to do it though lol not that it's meant for them anyway.

Their HP is a bit higher than original and it's feel tanky because the debuff you got on that stage. 
Yeah it wasn't designed for new player, in order to complete the challenge you need decent mid-end game gears and stats.

9 minutes ago, Moe said:

Their HP is a bit higher than original and it's feel tanky because the debuff you got on that stage. 
Yeah it wasn't designed for new player, in order to complete the challenge you need decent mid-end game gears and stats.

i could see a newer player being able to beat it without endgame gear if they were willing to play for like 30 minutes lol and they were good enough to stay alive.
personally it would be nice to reduce the debuff a tad cause the final stage is a bit boring cause how long it is.*note I'm at 6.8M tcp on my seth which is what i'm basing this off do tell me if i'm meant to have more tcp.

Edited by Insertnamehere999

On 6/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, Soma said:

Would be pretty pointless though to bring out a new content but people who have been grinding dailys for the past few months don't even really need to enter. I agree old materials should have some sort of burner use but new content should have lots of new stuff to work for that everyone starts on an even footing for. Otherwise you just end up with some content that some people don't even touch or barely touch and its just a waste of time for everyone involved in creating it right?

that's the problem, once we collect and complete whatever's new, that's it, we will still be grinding for dailies.

how many dark matter or multidimensional crystals you got that you no longer have any use for? once you complete the puri gear/sop gear, those mats become garbage in your inventory. but we still do dailies...

when we completed bear island pna we still do gremory dungeons for daily contributions right?

and we still get those materials. old materials.

the only solution for this is to have them converted to contribution tokens... but there's nothing new in contribution shop... but i have to admit i have no complaints in the contri shop.

i got no complaints on anything but the new mats, once we complete our new pna builds, what will we be doing to these materials? throw them? i hope they become bm-able.

that said, i give this update 5/10. nothing really worth the hype, the costumes are awesome, same with the new translations. dungeon... not bad, not good, looks like a contamination hell rip off...

19 minutes ago, Clay said:

Unfortunately, that's just how this game works. With every new area, there is a new material that only drops in that new area. Otherwise, there would be no reason to enter the new area's dungeons as Soma explained earlier. At this time, there are no plans for old Gremory materials to be usable for the new custom PNA stuff. There are still some relevant things you can craft with those materials, but holding onto them is really bothersome then throwing them out is always an option.

In any case, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that this content does not meet your level of expectation, but hopefully you find our future projects more enjoyable.

As what already posted on patch list, sadly that this dungeon is 

not for around 8m-8.5m below (the tcp is just my assumption, it means that the ideal participator is decent mid-end gear player just like Moe said) which is this dungeon is quite exclusive. Too bad for those who are still on build. 
I run with 8.9m (almost 9m) mirae and still having quite trouble (or im just suck) though i can finish for around 4-5 min (stage 10 clear).
So this update is actually.. yeah, exclusive for the ones who is still looking for additional dmg but not for the ones who is still on build (their built is not complete yet or just complete the current busan + BB set but not optimum).

After playing for the first time, i was thinking that..
1. I am having around 80% def on mirae and a bit troubled in managing hp and also nuking dmg at the same time (or maybe it is just me :haha:). So i tried using my 8.4m soma for testing (def 99+%) and feels like my soma is supposed to be more bulkier (just like my usual play and also can heal, it is not about dmg) but in this dg that def is not really useful. Soma is also can be considered as wasting a lot of MP but that is fixed with her healing skill. While on this dg, i was like spamming a lot healing skill while the cd is not fast. spamming HP pot and capsules is just like a temporary solution. I dont have any additional skill slot except for my 6m yuri :( (im not gonna do those 30 mins thing again ever) and i cant keep opening the inventory since it keeps hindering my vision. Summary this dg sure is "nightmare" where being bulky is not really the answer and the right choice is about piloting and yeah.. damage. The dmg is quite hurt. What character you are using is also have their own disadvantage on this dg :( my soma is always died on stage 7 lol
2. Where is cuckoo birdie for warehouse?? :baisad:my invent is always full
3. The stage 8, there is 2 gremo and spawning many wall while sometime when you can jump from the blue circle but in reality sometime cannot jump really high (got hit by the wall, get stuck on ground and dead)? really duh.. Maybe BB raids are good example. Take v2 for instance where derma, musca and syrphid spawned. Unless player bug them out, they will come one by one to dmg the player. But in this gremo, they spawns (at the same time) the hard-to-evade walls everywhere even blocking all the way out unlike the usual gremo (you can evade while i-frame and fc is rendered useless but sometime you cant evade then get stuck on the ground and eventually died. that is annoying :( ).
4. No guide? I wish for an official guide (more like introduction, pna listing and can be a bit recommendation)
5. Debuff HP reduction over time is quite unnecessary to be added for me :( since the monsters and traps are already hurt quite a lot.
6. Or maybe, reduce a bit the dmg for traps. There are a lot of them and also annoying, but what is more annoying that when your chara doesn't have many i-frame then the traps (laser thingy) hits you a lot like raining from the sky. there will be holes on the body :( . I just died using soma while the red laser (from BB raid) suddenly popped out of no where (that laser, even on raid is hurt you see. Then added with hp-reduction stuff and quite scary-damage monster).
7. Stage 7 (as once stated) is also annoying because you have to evade with i-frame while nuking dmg and sadly that you are out of i-frame and dead. That is why there is stunt thingy. thanks naddic, this is my first thanks
.😢

8. Bears... So many bears lol

For now that is what is on my mind (mostly it is from my pov) and im not a player who can count dmg per sec or something technical like that (i dont really care xD ). At the same time i can't say that this apply to everyone since everyone is having different circumstance, such as their tcp is like 9m++ or they are really pro at piloting. 
For overall summary, this dungeon is having a bit too much dmg to some player, a flood of bear 😆 and decent mechanism. From 1 to 10, i give this dungeon update for 6. I like 12-man raid better lol. 
i dont really speak english sowwy :3

Let me preface by saying the update doesn't really deliver what it advertises. The new custom content is nowhere near mid geared players. The balancing of the new grem leaves much to be desired and really makes me think the thought process behind some of the stages was 'yep it looks cool, let's add it,' or something along those lines. To clarify i'll go over each stage individually from my perspective after 50-70 practise runs before I tried the real thing (and succeeded):

Stage 1 - Not much to say here

Stage 2 - As above

Stage 3 - Mildly difficult but nothing you can't really beat

Stage 4 - this is just pinnacle of bad design. I'm actually shocked that after three previous stages the player is suddenly thrown into such pile of trash. You created arena with red & purple tiles with reddish hue, that is also rather dimly lit and you put barely visible RED indicators? Not only that but the placement is totally random, they hit insanely fast and can shotgun effectively killing player in an instant. What kind of design choice is that? Why not just make the pulses track players' position and make them have 25% chance to instantly kill you. It would amount to exactly the same outcome, which is RNG bullsh*t fiesta. Do you know why BBv1 and v2 have so many oneshot mechanics? Because the indicators are on arenas where you actually can see them coming and have time to prepare due to enemies' pattern. Your stage 4 does not.

Stage 5 - This is basically stage where you're expected to burn your strong FM(s) to burst both bears while being invulnerable. Probably doable for lower geared players. But explain why pulses can still spawn here at the beginning of the stage? This shouldn't happen.

Stage 6 - Again you didn't test that properly. Game locks you in animation for the minigame and in the meantime DoT & mobs (that apparently act as means to obfuscate the visibility of minigame in question?) drain your HP. This can literraly take you down to half of your HP, or even outright kill and you can't do anything to prevent it.

Stage 7 - Not gonna say much about this, you've already received enough feedback on this from others

Stage 8 - Not much to say here

Stage 9 - As above

Stage 10 - As above

Overall balance is hit or miss. Stages 4 & 6 need to be absolutely reworked, especially 4.

Now when it comes to new PNAs and their combinations they're rather uninspiring and could use some work but I'll provide feedback on that later.

Thank you for your in-depth feedback. I will be responding to some of your concerns here:

2 hours ago, SauciestBanana said:

The new custom content is nowhere near mid geared players

As per the patch notes, the new content is aimed towards "mid-endgame  focused builds". This mean players who are in the middle of endgame, so it is expected that people running this dungeon have at least one of BB, Busan, or Puri87 completed.

2 hours ago, SauciestBanana said:

Stage 4

The point of this stage was that the indicators are somewhat hard to see so you aren't able to just rush the boss recklessly. You are required to stop, assess the situation closely, and then make your move. In addition, the placement is not totally random and any player who learns the actual pattern can very easily avoid them.

3 hours ago, SauciestBanana said:

Stage 6

You can use consumables from your inventory by right-clicking them.

3 hours ago, SauciestBanana said:

new PNAs and their combinations

I saw your suggestions in Discord about having a combination with simultaneous positive and negative effects. It seemed like not many people agreed with you there, but nevertheless we will consider this idea going forward.

I've been ranting on discord some time about the mechanics of this dungeon but I'm gunna wait and see more of these for 1 week in order for me to give constructive criticism for the dungeon itself. As for the crafts, I believe the material cost for all the new pna strain boxes should be reduced, especially the low and mid tier ones. I'm gunna suggest certain crafting ideas along on my thread about this soon.

17 hours ago, Medic said:

not for around 8m-8.5m below (the tcp is just my assumption, it means that the ideal participator is decent mid-end gear player just like Moe said) which is this dungeon is quite exclusive. Too bad for those who are still on build. 

I'm at 6.8 M on my seth and i'm doing fine. wave 10 is the only part thats a bit slow.

1 hour ago, Insertnamehere999 said:

I'm at 6.8 M on my seth and i'm doing fine. wave 10 is the only part thats a bit slow.

yea that is mean you are great at piloting but still slow. Am i correct? That tcp thingy is just my ideal assumption if player wants to clear the dg for around 4-5 mins. You see, i don't want to play 30-mins dg anymore lol

On 6/26/2020 at 3:37 PM, Adjudicator said:

Unfortunately, that's just how this game works. With every new area, there is a new material that only drops in that new area. Otherwise, there would be no reason to enter the new area's dungeons as Soma explained earlier. At this time, there are no plans for old Gremory materials to be usable for the new custom PNA stuff. There are still some relevant things you can craft with those materials, but holding onto them is really bothersome then throwing them out is always an option.

In any case, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that this content does not meet your level of expectation, but hopefully you find our future projects more enjoyable.

not on the level of not meeting expectations, i can understand, that is game isn't your priority, i too have life outside... and i think you are also not making this all about money, since the online shop is all over the place...

i don't have expectations to speak of, just worries, lots of worries, as it just continues to happen... and is still happening...

take vitus and mephisto dungeons, does anyone not do them anymore? or do players still go there for dailies?

what about the "new" dungeons in theatre reversed? does nobody enter the belzebub dungeons anymore after they completed their set? they still go, don't they?

what about the obsolete irina and david dungeons? does nobody do them anymore?

no reason to enter new area? there is absolutely a reason to enter a new area! exploration! new bosses! challenges!

rewards are good but you need to consider how this game runs.

if we do dailies for contribution points then chances are, we will also do the new dungeon in addition to the old dungeons.

how bout this, you can exchange bear land passes for materials to craft the new pna....

BUT DON'T DO IT NOW, the new dungeon is amazing, and good for additional "what to do" in the game.

do it later, maybe give it 3-4 months later...

so yea, sadly, i have to comply, maybe throwing some items are what i should do in the meantime...

OVERALL, this update is not hyped about, or anything, so you didn't meet any expectations or failed it.

its just............ well, think of the feeling that... you know, you just see a new dungeon, and... the reaction was just... "oh, they put something new"

no hype. no expectations. no excitement.

tbh, we never really expected you to pull off something like this...

we thought, we will just be having a gatcha rotation, a new daily login reward... and that's it... nothing more... then BUMP!

at the bottom of the gift box, a secret compartment was there with an additional content...

Is it able to give player resurrect chance? Because in some situation when player suffering damage that damage will be count multiple times, then player will die suddenly. For example, I used my Tina yesterday, In wave 8 I used my 'EX Close Combat' skill, then I was pushed away by a moving block?(I dont know how to call that)  and I die suddenly.

I know this trap will not cause lethal damage, but I died due to some unknown reason or BUGs?. That really makes me frustrated and I really hope we can have at least one  resurrect chance.

:(

Im going to add my 2 cents about stage 4 and 5.

I'd understand if the indicators for the red pillars were hard to see if the attack wasn't lethal, but it is. You can't react properly to the lethal move when you can't see it in the first place. It makes the dungeon randomly unforgiving and I hope that wasn't your point.

Those red pillars also appear at stage 5 (as if the walls and chasing bears weren't enough), was it intended?

Also, it feels like this dungeon was designed exclusively for newer characters with a lot of i-frames (I can see Miraes rolling through this dungeons with their eyes closed), but older charas who often have only few i-frame moves were left out here. It's something to consider when creating another custom dungeons.

Edited by Viruska

My concern about the whole thing is that the floor tile is colored red and the attack indicator of the red laser is stage 4 and 5 is also red. Some players also gets teary eyed when staring red color for too long.

Edited by Grohl

Uhhm everything is great enjoyed the new dungeon and the outfits and what not but really surprised you guys haven't released bod for mirae and chulsoo yet. I thought given the teaser about darkness and everything you guys would release rattus bod alongside new dark themed dungeon. Is it coming soon or no eta. Thanks! 

13 hours ago, wireman said:

Uhhm everything is great enjoyed the new dungeon and the outfits and what not but really surprised you guys haven't released bod for mirae and chulsoo yet. I thought given the teaser about darkness and everything you guys would release rattus bod alongside new dark themed dungeon. Is it coming soon or no eta. Thanks! 

These costumes are a lot of work to add into the game and make them functional in all aspects. Where as adding say the new band costume was 5 - 6 files which some can be done by tools I've created these other costumes require 20+ files and a boat load of extra testing.

That being said I cannot give an ETA but it likely wont be the next patch. However, things could change depending on time and such.

6 hours ago, Ryan Ryuzetsu said:

i like this new custom feature:good: but I also want to know whether we will get a new custom gear update?:haha:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Naddic still actively working on new gears. I don't really think we'd want to be stepping on their toes as it can make future updates redundant if we released a gear that was better than what's coming next. So not saying never but it's something that at the current moment I don't think we'd be stepping into for the time being.