Sign in to follow this  
razh

Low CPU Usage in Sectors

So I noticed that my CPU Usage on Sector is low. It never exceed 30% in any sector I'm in.
While loading hubs though, it went over 40% and sometimes even 50%

Here's my Hub Loading CPU Usage
https://prnt.sc/tq1eig

And here's my Sector CPU Usage
https://prnt.sc/tq1dw2

Anyone know what is happening here?
My guess is that when loading hubs the CPU is doing more work processing the area thus more CPU usage due to more threads being used.

Here's my LapCraptop's Spec if needed
Intel Core i3-5010U @2.1 GHz, 2 Cores 4 Threads
4GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Intel HD5500Ā I know shit one right?
Fucking slow ass HDD

3 hours ago, razh said:

So I noticed that my CPU Usage on Sector is low. It never exceed 30% in any sector I'm in.
While loading hubs though, it went over 40% and sometimes even 50%

Here's my Hub Loading CPU Usage
https://prnt.sc/tq1eig

And here's my Sector CPU Usage
https://prnt.sc/tq1dw2

Anyone know what is happening here?
My guess is that when loading hubs the CPU is doing more work processing the area thus more CPU usage due to more threads being used.

Here's my LapCraptop's Spec if needed
Intel Core i3-5010U @2.1 GHz, 2 Cores 4 Threads
4GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Intel HD5500Ā I know shit one right?
Fucking slow ass HDD

If you think that's a problem, wait till 64-bit update. My friend got crappy 85% CPU usage (with a little lower set up than yours on PC) with that KR updateĀ šŸ˜¬

Anyway, it's common thing during loading hub. I can't tell more about it, I think Soma once mention it during xigncode errors and how they can be made.
I think there's a way to reduce CPU usage on game, but I have to ask, since I never was checking it before

Edited by Minos

5 hours ago, Minos said:

I think there's a way to reduce CPU usage on game, but I have to ask, since I never was checking it before

It's not that my CPU usage was too high or something. I just wondered why in the sector, where you usually spams shit ton of skills never get past 30% CPU usage mark.
Even sometimes when I casually afk in hub, it went up to almost 48% while I was just standing there.

So I dont have problem with high-cpu usage. It's the opposite instead

7 hours ago, razh said:

It's not that my CPU usage was too high or something. I just wondered why in the sector, where you usually spams shit ton of skills never get past 30% CPU usage mark.
Even sometimes when I casually afk in hub, it went up to almost 48% while I was just standing there.

So I dont have problem with high-cpu usage. It's the opposite instead

I do think it might be connected to: area design, number of players, number of effects (count Harpas/Yod pet too) etc.

Not sure, I never had problem with it

I wouldn't really measure anything using that as multiple things can cause inaccuracies with that specific number.

However, this can be down to many different factors down to the core of the games design.

Particle effects and such are usually GPU heavy so in terms of numbers this shouldn't really effect the CPU number too much. (Skill effects)

One thing that could be a factor is loading of models and textures as IO (input/output) operations can be quite taxing. Due to all the players using different costumes in the hub and what the above mentioned about different pets all these have to be loaded into memory. Where as in a dungeon you might have say 20 monsters, but in terms of unique monsters there might only be 2-3 which would be cached into memory and just reused rather than reading the model file 10-20 times over. Also a general rule of thumb in games is that player related models such as costumes tend to have more detail there for having bigger model files than a simple monster would. Bosses can usually be an exception to this rule but in most cases a player would take longer to load and more GPU power to render than a mob in a dungeon.

So I wouldn't really worry about it too much nore would I say its poorly designed or a game issue as its conditional. You might find some dungeons more taxing than others too.